CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

trevor

7th March 2011, 02:47
hi turast,
i'll take your word for it.
glad you're back(arseface)
11 of 20  -   Report This Post

gnh

7th March 2011, 05:08
no not a troll - i do believe she is in the 'great nappy hunt' i googled to get help with the same clue.
12 of 20  -   Report This Post

rpt

7th March 2011, 07:27
The first answer was indeed two cosmic (initially was the clue)- that led to a size 2 nappy with a cosmic pattern.

The second one is an anagram of harry allocated but my brain isn't working... figuring it is 'cloth something'- fits with the theme of cloth nappies, which the hunt is about.
13 of 20  -   Report This Post

rpt

7th March 2011, 07:28
Meant to also mention that the clue was "Was Harry allocated scrambeld eggs" NOT scrambled.
14 of 20  -   Report This Post

austen

7th March 2011, 08:27
Not a troll (rather a boring one if I was).

I understood the scrambled to be a legitimite typing error.

The first clue was perhaps easy in the conrext of the game. We knew the next clue would be hidden on a product page. 'covers' is a common category on a cloth nappy site.
I knew Harry Potter was famed for being the youngest Quidditch player, his position was as a 'seeker'. On a whim I type "Harryy" into the site search engine and found the next clue.
15 of 20  -   Report This Post

rpt

8th March 2011, 07:43
Yes, you got "harry" because the words of the next clue came up in the search engine! :)

So- any good cryptic crossword solvers- can you help "unscramble" "harry allocated"?

Thanks!!
16 of 20  -   Report This Post

jimc

8th March 2011, 09:46
Hi.

"royal cathedral" is one anagram of "harry allocated".

JimC
17 of 20  -   Report This Post

turast

8th March 2011, 12:03
Thanks for the welcome back, Trevor, gracious as ever. I knew I should never have sent you the signed photo, but I just did it for the crack.

"Scrambled eggs" were the words Paul McCartney thought of when the melody of "Yesterday" came to him. I do not know if he was wearing a nappy at the time. They were taking some very powerful drugs at the time. I feel as though I have been after reading this thread.
18 of 20  -   Report This Post

megz

10th March 2011, 03:57
Hi :)

I'm on the same hunt - google diaper decisions nappy hunt if you are wondering what the heck this is about.

Thanks Jim C for your suggestion - royal cathedral didn't return any useful links on the site search, and I can't see how that would be a clue. Any other ideas?

I agree with GNH - the answer to the first clue was 'two cosmic'.

If I have any luck I will let you know!
19 of 20  -   Report This Post

solvedatlast

21st March 2011, 23:19
Have another look Megz-if you have not already found the icon. Answers to both the first 2 clues have been given in this forum
20 of 20  -   Report This Post