CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

annoyed

6th March 2011, 23:09
Sorry Mostyn I didn't read your post before sending mine!
11 of 17  -   Report This Post

blanc burn

6th March 2011, 23:23
Which answer is wrong - I've sent mine so can't remember " what I wrote "
12 of 17  -   Report This Post

alf wit

6th March 2011, 23:46
At least now we don't have to see a load of dumb CHEATS asking for answers to this piece-a-piss crossword!!
13 of 17  -   Report This Post

wetblanket

7th March 2011, 02:17
Although I wouldn't have expressed it in the same terms as Alf Wit, I do believe that this is the inevitable consequence of what has been happening on this site for quite a while now. That is, by the end of Sunday, virtually every answer to the Sunday Times and the Observer Everyman is published. The Everyman is about as easy as any prize cryptic crossword could be. Although the prizes are pretty insignificant, the principal of "solving", should, in my view remain a contest between individual solver and the setter. So, what this cyber-sabotager is doing is actually shortening a process which happens anyway. Incidentally I strongly believe that this is not terry, but somebody who has noticed his vigorous defence of his own views as to how the site should operate, i.e. that all should be free to ask for and give answers. He is entirely entitled to this view and I fully understand his desire to help people get started on our harmless little hobby. This relies on people being honourable about submitting entries with which they have had help. The proliferation of requests for help with prize crosswords at the weekend would seem to indicate that most people are seeking "completion" in order to submit. I'm afraid this grates with many people, myself included, because, not only is it a form of cheating, it is not going to enable those who do constantly seek answers to improve as solvers in their own right.
14 of 17  -   Report This Post

trevor

7th March 2011, 02:39
yay or nay, Alf Wit said it better.
you now have a 'report this post' facility, use it as many times as you like (even for just the 1 post, if you like).
15 of 17  -   Report This Post

grammarian

8th March 2011, 23:09
Oops! Wetblanket. I'm just a little surprised that someone like yourself has used "principal" instead of "principle".
16 of 17  -   Report This Post

terry

8th March 2011, 23:33
Grammarian,
Are your other hobbies watching paint dry and stuffing olives.
17 of 17  -   Report This Post