CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

tonyw

5th March 2011, 16:55
Hello,tonyw here.
The start of this post was trying to see if the
report option was working.
If you look back you will see that my next post
would be balls.
My next post was called spherical and I could not delete it.
I cannot monitor posts because, although I have been on the forum a lot recently,I have been given the all clear to go back to work.
Best of luck sally if you decide to take on the challenge .
By the way,my surname starts with W but there isn't a sally in our family.YET!:)
11 of 14  -   Report This Post

terry

5th March 2011, 18:05
Having some sort of a Commander in Chief Abuse Button Pusher strikes me as a no go.

1. No guarantee of CiC being here when the shit hits the fan. (is that an ok phrase?).

2. How is CiC supposed to second guess someone else's objections. We aren't just talking about our regular trolls one word jobbies. Are we.

3. Surely the more complaints about something the better (for those who object to it).

4. Most people take absolutely no notice when a self-elected group start saying we'll do this that and the other.

5. Lots of people are only too keen to complain about things and you couldn't stop them short of using a machine gun.

12 of 14  -   Report This Post

sallyw

5th March 2011, 18:15
I think Terry you have a point or 5. Although I would be quite happy to do it I think that the idea of having any kind of moderator is that anyone who feels unhappy about a post should feel free to register their opinion, and also if one person is frequently being reported for posting offensive posts, then maybe if enough people report the same person they can be blocked. Can't be that difficult to do. Also I think that one appointed "censor" or whatever you want to call it might attract far too much attention from the trolls. I think that we should all be grateful that we have got what we asked for - including links -and as long as the report facility is used in a sensible manner Ash will be happy enough to monitor it.
13 of 14  -   Report This Post

sammy

5th March 2011, 19:15
Have to agree with you on all points 1-5.
14 of 14  -   Report This Post