CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

tonyw

4th March 2011, 00:57
i've been playing with anagram of castlemaine?
11 of 23  -   Report This Post

jimc

4th March 2011, 09:43
Hi again.

Terry, sorry, I didn't realise you wanted an answer. "carfax" is listed in Chambers as "a place where four roads meet". My comment about mobile communications was just a flippant throwaway.

Back to "An XXXX brewery makes good sense." (6-6) ... there's no anagram.

"brewery" in the clue is meant to mean something along the lines of 'fabrication' and/or 'concoction' and, as such, is probably not a correct use of the noun.

The answer contains two letter 'Y'.

JimC

P.S. To read better, I should have given the clue as "A XXXX brewery makes good sense" rather than "An XXXX brewery makes good sense" but this makes absolutely no difference to the wordplay and answer.
12 of 23  -   Report This Post

ab

4th March 2011, 10:43
XX XX - twenty twenty - a good sense
13 of 23  -   Report This Post

jimc

4th March 2011, 10:46
Well done AB!!

Cracked it.

JimC
14 of 23  -   Report This Post

tonyw

4th March 2011, 10:50
very good JimC.
have you noticed the changes here this morning?
Looks like there's moderation after all
15 of 23  -   Report This Post

jimc

4th March 2011, 10:56
Hi TonyW.

I noticed the changes too, although they still seems a bit fragile - I tried to report a post and was put into an infinite loop by the software (Esc key got me out of it).

Bold etc seem to have been implemented but not in a standard HTML manner for some reason.

Not sure if clickable links have been implemented yet - dare not try!

Good to see that the website is being worked upon :)

JimC
16 of 23  -   Report This Post

chrisg

4th March 2011, 10:58
I have noticed the changes. Report this post appeared at the top of the page and now it is against each post...Havent tried it yet though
17 of 23  -   Report This Post

wendy

4th March 2011, 11:30
JimC

I was thinking along the lines of Castlemaine[/] too. Pleased to see changes on the site. Someone said yesterday that One Across website is still not working so I thought I'd see whether it's clickable or not. Here goes - hold tight...

http://www.oneacross.com/
18 of 23  -   Report This Post

wendy

4th March 2011, 11:34
2nd try - got it wrong last time!

JimC

I was thinking along the lines of Castlemaine too. Pleased to see changes on the site. Someone said yesterday that One Across website is still not working so I thought I'd see whether it's clickable or not. Here goes - hold tight...

http://www.oneacross.com/
19 of 23  -   Report This Post

wendy

4th March 2011, 11:37
Whoopee! It works!

I wonder whether we've got colours too, let's try ...

[blue]BLUE[/blue]
20 of 23  -   Report This Post