CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

ixion

25th February 2011, 14:33
Had a look at your intrepretation of the clue BigD - "over with" as reversal indicator seems rather clunky - "point" could be for appoint/fix?

ixion
11 of 17  -   Report This Post

tonyw

25th February 2011, 14:38
I had a look too,good site.
surely the w comes from point and the over with is just the dim bit
12 of 17  -   Report This Post

big dave

25th February 2011, 15:30
I didn't write that review, but I did consider Ixion's alternative explanation and it seems that explaining away the "point" in that interpretation is somewhat harder than taking "over with" as the reversal indicator.

I will ask the setter's opinion (he ought to know!).
13 of 17  -   Report This Post

ixion

25th February 2011, 15:35
Thanks BigD - I suspect I'm just finding diversions from doing the "work from home" stuff I should be doing!
14 of 17  -   Report This Post

beam

25th February 2011, 17:42
Setter here...

Big Dave has asked me to step in to adjudicate! Gazza's explanation on the blog for 'midway' was perfectly correct, as the explanations almost invariably are.

A little 'clunky' perhaps, but I do try to make the surfaces as smooth as possible.

Beam
15 of 17  -   Report This Post

therogue

25th February 2011, 18:03
Thanks everyone for your input. I was at work and had forgotten all about it. just logged on to discover i'd nearly started world war 3! will check out that blog in future!
16 of 17  -   Report This Post

ixion

25th February 2011, 21:02
Thanks Beam

Half the fun of crosswords for me is a debate afterwards - still remember the Valarie vs Valerie debate re a Guardian Genius clue - I was wrong then as well!
17 of 17  -   Report This Post