CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

jinty

26th February 2011, 17:21
You must be looking at this site if you see the answers I wonder why when it upsets you so.\has it not struck you that some of us may have done our best to solve the questions and are only asking for a little help not answers.
21 of 26  -   Report This Post

bj

26th February 2011, 17:47
When entering any quiz, especially ones for charity, there's nothing in the rules to say you have to have an answer for every question, so if you can't find an answer yourself, why not leave an empty space? I can assure you it's quite painless and much more satisfying to know your entry is all your own work. The charity doesn't get any more money whether you have answers for every question or some gaps, does it?
22 of 26  -   Report This Post

try harder

27th February 2011, 00:30
Quote 'has it not struck you that some of us may have done our best to solve the questions and are only asking for a little help not answers'.

What struck me was that the askers in this thread still have two months to try to solve it themselves and none of them asked for clues so, as expected, they got specific answers.

Why the need to ask now when the completion date is so far in the future? And, as BJ so rightly says, why not send it in with a blank if you don't know the answer? That way you don't ruin the quiz.
23 of 26  -   Report This Post

jinty

27th February 2011, 08:32
the quiz I am doing is a local one and the closing date is 28th February. All our members buy the quizzes, there are no prizes and all entry monies go to help local charities.
24 of 26  -   Report This Post

jinty

7th March 2011, 15:49
just to let you know that we raised £98 pounds for our local Hospice. There were no all correct quizes returned. But we all enjoyed doing it
We don't offer any prizes and always sell around 100 quizes. It was decided that doing quizes just for fun was a good idea.
25 of 26  -   Report This Post

john

9th March 2011, 19:36
Ice Road Truckers
Footballers wives
26 of 26  -   Report This Post