CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

terry

23rd February 2011, 17:08
Well done Wendy,

I just hope things work out reasonably and we don't end up with a clinically sterile site like AB. What's that old saying. Hold on tight to nurse for fear of something worse.
11 of 28  -   Report This Post

sammy

23rd February 2011, 17:22
Excellent! Excellent! Now at last we will be able to do something about the trolls and egotists who keep taking the forum off topic. If they want a social forum for idle chitchat, there are plenty of those elsewhere on the internet. So glad Ash has listened and taken action.

I don't know what AB is. However, so long as this forum sticks to crossword solving, it won't be sterile.
12 of 28  -   Report This Post

terry

23rd February 2011, 17:31
This is exactly the sort of thinking that worries me. God knows I've had a few laughs at the expense of the RT boys, but I don't really wish to see them hounded out. Ditto for several other special interest groups. I suppose Viz will have to go as well. Poser of the Day must be a bit at risk too. Oh dear, oh dear.
13 of 28  -   Report This Post

sammy

23rd February 2011, 17:37
If that's a response to me, I don't know what you are talking about. I have never seen the forum disrupted or taken off topic by the RT boys, whoever they might be, or poser of the day or Viz. Perhaps if I read all of the forum, I would discover that it is even worse than I thought.
14 of 28  -   Report This Post

terry

23rd February 2011, 17:59
Sammy,
OK. So what do you mean by a social forum for idle chitchat then?
15 of 28  -   Report This Post

ab

23rd February 2011, 18:26
"Clinically sterile"? Accurate, but harsh.....
16 of 28  -   Report This Post

sammy

23rd February 2011, 18:26
People who post for attention and take the forum off topic. It isn't intended as a forum for social networking. It's a subject-based forum and facility. If anyone has a problem with that, they could always go and start their own forum instead of trying to undermine this one or make it into their own social outlet. Or, as I said, there are loads of social chatter places elsewhere on the internet.
17 of 28  -   Report This Post

terry

23rd February 2011, 18:31
Thanks for that Sammy, I misunderstood you.
18 of 28  -   Report This Post

mamya

23rd February 2011, 19:08
So I cannot mention my knitting in passing then? Sniff!!
19 of 28  -   Report This Post

jimc

23rd February 2011, 19:31
Cheer Mamya!

Don't let it needle you - you've not really been stitched up.

JimC
20 of 28  -   Report This Post