CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

trevor

20th February 2011, 16:18
Mandala
this site has certainly been changed but 'Upgraded'? from what to where?

re, 'following the complaints sent to Ash a couple of weeks ago'
the only 'significant' drop i have noticed is in the amount of complaints sent to Ash a couple of weeks ago(they were all removed).

I also don't understand how the site has become 'tidier' and i am really,really sorry to disagree again (i'm not just being reactionary for the sake of it) but, to see the most recent posts first in a thread rather than the oldest seems like an awful idea to me.
11 of 16  -   Report This Post

charlies human

20th February 2011, 17:08
Hello Everyone - I decided to take a look at this thread when I saw its Title and found posts from people I recognize from A.N.Other site. Last week I said on that site that I preferred no abuse and no direct answers but I didn't see entirely how that could be achieved. It did occur to me that many people would go onto threads precisely because they do want answers and I wonder who we are to say them Nay. But abuse is different and I hope there has been a clean-up system put in place, though I'm not sure how that works from a technical or administrative point of view. And I also agree that I like to read the whole thread, starting at the beginning and I'm not really in favour of starting the other way around. For me, the pleasure is in reading the thread as it develops, and I've got a feeling many others enjoy it for the same reason.
I wish I were savvy enough to do all the clever things which some of you talk about; maybe I need to start exploring some techniques because I'd get even more out of this kind of conversation if I was a bit more up-to-date.
Greetings, one and all.
12 of 16  -   Report This Post

les40

20th February 2011, 21:22
Big Dave,

Cheers for that mate, I will let you know when it is ready to publish, and e-mail it to you, which sounds a nice and easy task for a change.

Thanks to Charlies Human above. For being somebody who goes on about stuff more than me,
Surprised no-one has had a dig yet.

Les40
13 of 16  -   Report This Post

wendy

21st February 2011, 12:47
Hello everyone!

Haven't spent as much time as I'd like to on this site, just been tied up (no, not literally) with other things.

I'm going to try to post a picture in a minute or two, just to see what happens. Don't think it'll work, but one never knows.
14 of 16  -   Report This Post

wendy

21st February 2011, 12:50

wendy

21st February 2011, 12:58
Oh well, I didn't think it'd work anyway!!
Sorry to waste your time.

Going back to Ash, it's a difficult one. It's all very well to ask him to give us a bit more attention, but if he's really busy all he needs to do is to "pull the plug" leaving us high and dry. Not a good idea methinks.

It's very easy for all of us to create our own fictitious e-mail address (I have a gmail one) which I use on occasion and if it's published here and gets attacked with spam (or unwanted twerps) well who cares?

Must go, it's time for my preprandial glass of Sauvignon Blanc. Cheers!
16 of 16  -   Report This Post