CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

pipesmoker

17th February 2011, 16:05
How many, many times I have completed a crossword, with or without help from my friends on this site, only to be defeated by the wrong name being drawn out of the hat.

What matters it if we help each other?
11 of 15  -   Report This Post

sallyw

17th February 2011, 16:11
I agree Pipesmoker, it doesn't matter how you get to the solution, because in the end whether you win a prize or not is down to luck. And I really appreciate the help given on this site. I don't bother sending in because as someone who does the lottery once a week I know it's the luck of the draw, but I really don't like being preached to about morals when it is something that is suppoes to be a harmless pastime. Also in my experience the sort of people who sit around judging other people's moral and other standards usually have a way to go themselves in the perfection stakes. Most of the people who use this site are, as I've said before, Helpful, erudite and frequently very amusing, but there seems to be an element who use this site to upset and be offensive. I don't feel that this is right, and it is spoiling it for the vast majority.
12 of 15  -   Report This Post

wetblanket

17th February 2011, 17:01
I am not advocating the closure of the site. I am entirely in favour of the collaborative process as a method of making progress. However, I do not think competition crosswords should be approached in this way. It detracts from them. These are opinions which I am attempting to contribute to this forum.
13 of 15  -   Report This Post

terry

17th February 2011, 17:13
What do you mean,nobody is without sin. I am.

I can't remember which philosopher it was (a german for sure) who said - To sleep is good, to die divine, but oh to have never been born at all. Anyway, imagine spending a night down the pub with him and wetblanket.
14 of 15  -   Report This Post

sallyw

17th February 2011, 17:28
Opened a can of worms there haven't I? Sorry Terry - wasn't thinking! Sounds like a fun night, maybe we could arrange it! I drink therefore I am!
15 of 15  -   Report This Post