CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

helena

12th February 2011, 23:09
I don't think that is anything to do with system you are using it to do with the settings you've installed, I'm not on windows 7 but only have to click on the box and name/email address is displayed.
11 of 22  -   Report This Post

dt

12th February 2011, 23:11
you don't need to bother with the e.mail address at all. Press any letter and move on.
12 of 22  -   Report This Post

chald

13th February 2011, 01:14
Les40, I have Windows 7 and I have to type everything; no idea why!
13 of 22  -   Report This Post

baffled

13th February 2011, 01:45
Les40

i have windows7 and i type the first letter in and mine comes up so b and i get baffled...its to do with your browser settings for internet explorer and or mozilla. whatever broswer your using...could you let me know your browser and maybe i can help...
regards j
14 of 22  -   Report This Post

m

13th February 2011, 10:49
If you put your email addy in as p@p.p it is so quick to type it is hardly worth turning autofill on. Your email addy is only collected so you can receive spamm anyway.

15 of 22  -   Report This Post

sammy

13th February 2011, 11:36
So which settings are you referring to, exactly, Baffled? Take IE for example. If people knew that, they could adjust them accordingly.
16 of 22  -   Report This Post

ek

13th February 2011, 11:46
Yes it's autofill.I have XP. However the site should-IMHO-let you log in and not have this to do each time.It must be easy for the site tom set this.
17 of 22  -   Report This Post

les40

13th February 2011, 21:13
Hi Baffled,

I'm using internet explorer.
18 of 22  -   Report This Post

a

14th February 2011, 03:06
Unfortunately you can log in with any user name and put anything you like in the e-mail box - doesn't even have to be an e-mail address. This is why we're getting trolls, spammers and assorted wankers ruining the site for bona fide users.
19 of 22  -   Report This Post

trevor

14th February 2011, 11:11
Les40,Sammy
Turn on AutoComplete so that website addresses will be automatically filled in for you if you begin to type them again. Tools > Internet Options > Advanced > Use inline AutoComplete.

i copy-pasted this from;
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/winfamily/ie/ie7/quickref.mspx
about 2/3rds of the way down the page under the heading 'Common tasks'

hope it helps.it may vary slightly depending on which version of InternetExplorer you have.

try this page for IE 8(the above is for IE 7)
http://grok.lsu.edu/Article.aspx?articleid=11913.
20 of 22  -   Report This Post