CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

braindrain

9th February 2011, 09:07
Try different regions
11 of 23  -   Report This Post

quizmad

9th February 2011, 15:50
can anyone help with this one please I have got an answer but not really sure of it .
1 Peep (4 4 4)
Archaic name for parrots (9)
12 of 23  -   Report This Post

chrisg

9th February 2011, 16:17
Look both ways (peep is peep from any direction)
Popinjays
13 of 23  -   Report This Post

pleasewait

9th February 2011, 16:52
I am aware that most of the people on here are crossword people but more and more quizzes are now being asked. The trouble is that most of you giving answers have no idea how long there is to go in a particular quiz and so even when there are months to go (as in this case) answers are given readily Can I suggest that people try to give extra clues You only had to google a list of cyclones for example and it can be found People are giving in too easily and too soon
14 of 23  -   Report This Post

chrisg

9th February 2011, 16:57
I consider my wrist well and truly slapped !!
15 of 23  -   Report This Post

pleasewait

9th February 2011, 18:32
My comments werent meant like that I didnt mean to offend

But as a matter of interest how long exactly did it take you to find the parrot answer

and name of the famous grouse as mark said

Yes that's easy

The Famous Grouse was named Gilbert in adverts for this brand of Scotch

If people are genuinely stuck then these sites are good but a lot are just opting for the easy option of letting someone else do the work when they have months to use google
16 of 23  -   Report This Post

chrisg

10th February 2011, 07:22
pleasewait. I took no offence from your comments, and I do agree with the points you make.
17 of 23  -   Report This Post

burgess

13th February 2011, 14:00
I hardly dare ask but...... Can anyone help with Q1. Derision expressed when spiteful woman comes to visit (3, 4) rhymes with an English county
18 of 23  -   Report This Post

quizmad

13th February 2011, 14:31
think of a feline pet
19 of 23  -   Report This Post

chrisg

13th February 2011, 14:32
think of a furry creature + something you do when you use the telephone to communicate . You xxxx somebody.
20 of 23  -   Report This Post