My summary of recent comments about this forum are as follows:-
1. I do not believe that anybody has said they want to exclude any type of discussion from this forum.
2. Most people would like to see posters using common sense to describe their request in the Subject Box. This would mean that people who want to help with quizzes can do so and those who want to help only with crossword can ignore these posts.
3. Similarly, those who post crossword questions need to include all the information they have, not just to ask for the answer to 23 across in crossword DT1234, etc.
Surely such guidelines would benefit everybody and would enable the right people to find the questions they want to help with.
For information, Ash set up this forum almost exactly a year ago to the day. Below is a copy of his objectives:-
After a long discussion at Crossword Solver HQ we've made a few changes to the site. These includes:
- A new interface for the quicksolve which is hopefully easier to use
- A new tool to allow all the clever people to submit missing words
- A brand new forum created especially for you for crossword related discussions and problems
So please take a look around and enjoy!
Posted: 13th May 2008, 07:55
At that time this was a site exclusively for crossword help. However the Forum has now evolved over the last few months to be mainly for answers to charity quizzes. These could still be defined as crossword-related as per Ash's objectives but not all of us have time to read through every post or answer quiz questions. Even Big Dave said this morning that he had seen enough charity quizzes over the last few weeks to last a lifetime.
Anyway, let's keep this forum the informative and friendly site it has always been, make it easier to use the bits each of us wants to and not take offence if somebody suggest an improvement.