CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

les40

14th January 2011, 14:15
Well I think we're nealy there. I've done everything you said and also spoke to a mate who's also good at this. She taught me how to Hyperlink stuff. I don't know if it will on this feature, anyway, if not you'll have to type it in. I've put a crossword in the Dropbox Public folder feature, tell me if it's gone OK, Cheers guys. Here it is
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/18643289/Red%20Indian.pdf
Sorry for the wait

21 of 44  -   Report This Post

terry

14th January 2011, 15:11
or if you use http://dl.dropbox.com/u/18643289/Red%20Indian.pdf">this link you can access Les40's site.
22 of 44  -   Report This Post

chelle7272

14th January 2011, 15:51
Thanks for setting it up Les and thanks for the link Terry
23 of 44  -   Report This Post

tiny

14th January 2011, 16:02
I raced to the site hoping for the 'enlargement' technique but it's only a crossword puzzle. Boo, hoo!
24 of 44  -   Report This Post

mark

14th January 2011, 17:09
Hello Les40

I like your crossword, but am stuck on
3 D: A-O--
11 A: -E--LESS
14 A: I-E / --E
15 D: --O-S
29 A: F-L-T-

Can anyone help, please? Have I maybe got some of the letters wrong?

Can anyone help, please?
25 of 44  -   Report This Post

trevor

14th January 2011, 18:01
Les40,congrats for sorting all that out,the links work fine as you must already know.i will print it and have a go(prob tomorrow).
26 of 44  -   Report This Post

crypto

14th January 2011, 19:19
Message for Mark re his queries and some possible further clues:

Re 3 D: A-O-- The reference to 25 in the clue is to 25 down not 25 across - took me a bit to realise that - it's where it might live.

Re 14 A: I-E / --E First word is one which is ofeten used in crosswords for diamonds, second word as it says is one of 16's weapons but it was often known by a different name.

Re 15 D: --O-S Think drums regarding 16.

Re 29 A: F-L-T- Anagram of 26 + e.

Re 11a I have an answer that I'm not sure about so I'll let someone else come back to you on that one.

Good luck
27 of 44  -   Report This Post

terry

14th January 2011, 19:27
Les40,
I hope you didn't mind me putting in the link. I just thought more people would look if it was only a left click away.

I've finished it and am pretty sure I've got it all right. I still don't understand the second part of the clue for 11ac. "avoiding hold up". I thought 9ac was a read backward and add a letter jobby, but it isn't is it. Those are my only moans. I thought the best clues were 6 and 26d. I really think you have done a very professional job. No need to make it any larger though.

I assume you don't want people like me to give out answers (anyway my answers might be wrong,eh)or it may spoil it for others.
28 of 44  -   Report This Post

crypto

14th January 2011, 19:28
Feedback for Les40

Thanks Les - I enjoyed doing your crossword, it took me about 30 to 40 minutes. I think some of the talent that regularly contribute to this site will find it quite easy but it was about right for me (and I guess you aren't targetting it at the advanced solvers anyway). I quite like crosswords with linked clues so enjoyed that bit too. The only clue I struggled with regarding interpreting the word play was 9a in which I was a letter short based on my interpretation of the cryptic bit. As I mentioned in my previous post I'm not happy with my answer to 11a yet so I'm going to give it some further thought.

I can think of some contributers to the forum who will like the clues to 23a and 21d.

Cheers
29 of 44  -   Report This Post

terry

14th January 2011, 19:37
Crypyo,
11ac. don't attend so often (2,2,4). or John Lennon a nazi? (6,2).
30 of 44  -   Report This Post