CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

les40

12th January 2011, 10:21
Sorry to bother everyone with this, but I would like to know how to get some feedback from fellow enthusiasts. I recently acquired some software to create my own grids, and have written my own clues. I have created a new e-mail address to contact people, but don't know if it's usual protocol to publish this. I am not trying to make money, just need some feedback for quality of the clues. I have even had a go at a couple of themed. How can I get these to you for your expertise judgement. I will be back here later and all help is welcome. Thanks.
1 of 44  -   Report This Post

chelle7272

12th January 2011, 10:41
You could post some on here for feedback.
If people are interested you can certainly give an email address if you wish(that is up to you as it's you who may be subjecting yourself to unwanted messages, but you can always change it later for established contacts).
2 of 44  -   Report This Post

mazie

12th January 2011, 10:43
I agree with chelle. Put a few clues up here and let's have a go at them
3 of 44  -   Report This Post

chrisg

12th January 2011, 10:48
Ditto to the above responses
4 of 44  -   Report This Post

bullfrog

12th January 2011, 11:11
Another alternative I've just discovered is a site called Dropbox which gives you (free) 2 gigs of space to store files. As part of this you get a Public folder; you could post your crosswords there and publish the URL here. Obviously the crosswords would need to be in a format that we could all download.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17973385/French%20and%20Saunders%20Madonna%20clip.mp3>Click here for an example: I wanted to share a clip from a radio programme without people having to listen back to the whole show. Using Dropbox allowed me to post it in the Public folder and just share the link.
5 of 44  -   Report This Post

les40

13th January 2011, 19:05
Cheers Bullfrog, i've heard of Dropbox. but I've made an e-mail address for you guys to get in touch with me. I will send you all the same crosswords, so you can have a go together. I apologise if their are any mistakes, but thats what I need,- some feedback on quality. when you give me a contact to send to, I will send you a couple of crosswords as soon as I can. I have 7 or 8 ready to go.The e-mail is redrosepuzzler16@yahoo.co.uk as you may of guessed with the red rose, I'm from Lancashire and looking forward to hearing from you
6 of 44  -   Report This Post

terry

13th January 2011, 19:13
Les40,
There is a flaw in your suggestion. Either I must set up a separate Email address to give to you, or take the risk that you are not somebody who really just wants to push penis enlargement products or whatever. I can't be bothered to do the first and I don't need the second.
7 of 44  -   Report This Post

les40

13th January 2011, 19:27
If you don't think I'm a fellow crossword solver or cruciverbalist, then I'd like you to know that I've finished the Sunday Times crossword every week for the last 10 years, and actually won the pen in 2001, that was before they changed it from the gold pen to the sterling silver one they have now. They changed it not long after I won it. I've completed the Sat Times this week as well if you care to try me, thats the paper version, not tried the on-line version as yet as I've only been on internet a short time. Anyway old chap, whats all this talk of penis enlargement, as one got a complex?
8 of 44  -   Report This Post

terry

13th January 2011, 19:36
Les40,

Hang on a minute. I doesn't matter what or who you say you are. This site is completely anonymous. Anybody can claim anything they want. And believe me, we get enough nutters and loonies.
I also find your interest in the size of my penis a bit worrying. You aren't setting up a boys only club are you?
9 of 44  -   Report This Post

les40

13th January 2011, 19:40
This is Les40 calling earth,come in please. What is the colour of the sky on your planet?

See what I mean Les. That's me really - Terry. I'm actually trying to be helpful.

10 of 44  -   Report This Post