CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

siamcat

7th January 2011, 18:32
Dear George and Disgruntled

I am sorry you feel that we have ruined your quiz.

I enjoyed finding the answers, and sharing them with like-minded people made it all the more enjoyable for me. If this is DESPERATION, it is not in my dictionary!!

If this stops others from participating then maybe it just means that they are more interested in winning than in taking part. After all, everyone who enters has an equal chance at a prize, regardless of the number of entries.

If I had not seen the original posting on this site, I would never have known of this quiz, but I did, and I will now send in my answer sheet and donation as Mark has already said. I did not need a reminder to "do the right thing"

As you both feel so bad about this, I will donate back any prize I may win and ask that anyone reading this will do likewise.

81 of 85  -   Report This Post

susie

7th January 2011, 19:53
Mark and Siamcat

I am glad that you are sending in your quizzes and donations.
All the best.
82 of 85  -   Report This Post

siamcat

7th January 2011, 21:36
Mark and Bigfoot

Sorry, last comment not aimed at you. Criticisms posted really upset me.

Being new to this forum, I was enjoying the challenge of keeping my wits honed now I'm no longer at work. Now ...?

83 of 85  -   Report This Post

terry

7th January 2011, 21:56
Siamcat,
There is a long standing divide (well,ok,open warfare) on this site between those who think people should make more of an effort to do cash prize quizzes themselves and those who think it ok to give as much help as is asked for.

Any fair-minded person could see from reading through the thread you simply joined in for the fun of it. And you didn't try to justify anything with all that cha-rit-eee nonsense once you realised it was a charity cash quiz.
Take whichever side of the divide you want. That is your right. But when half of the questions are answered on here it is bound to really piss some people off. They simply see it as helping someone to cheat. Perhaps it is,perhaps it isn't,but that is how some will see it.

Just do whatever you feel is right and don't worry about it. But expect a few unflattering comments.It's not really personal. (well,sometimes it is,but hey,try and stick to sarcasm and jokes rather than crude insults).
84 of 85  -   Report This Post

the quiz community police

8th January 2011, 00:36
I'll bet a pound to a piece of dog shit that Mark never sends off his donation. He's obviously a wanker.
85 of 85  -   Report This Post