CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

anniec

23rd December 2010, 20:53
Hello Jilly - as Newboy is still working on it I won't give the full message but in essence it wishes all us cruciverbalists the usual xmas greeting and a wish for success next year. The words are not all completed in each row or column so you have to link the letters as you read in the right order. Hope this helps and if Newboy doesn't mind I'll happily pass on my solution. Good luck!
11 of 14  -   Report This Post

laura

23rd December 2010, 22:33
Hi Annie. Everybody seems to have got on with this EV a lot better than myself. Probably due to lack of time, and too mch last minute shopping. I'm perservering though, but did wonder if you would mind assisting me a little more with the message so that I can look at the wordplays.
Many thanks
Laura
12 of 14  -   Report This Post

newboy

23rd December 2010, 22:53
Anniec

I have now completed the grid and have the full message. So please feel free to help out the others.
Thanks for persevering.

Christmas greetings to all.
13 of 14  -   Report This Post

turast

23rd December 2010, 23:44
Laura
The 14 words include, on the bottom row, a reference to a Christian festival (25th December), with a very commonly used adjective to go in front of it. At the end of the message there is also a reference to 2011. The letters are. (2,3,3,7,1,5, 9,3,10,7,2,3,3,4. Elsewhere are a plural noun formation designating the people who do the crossword, and a present participle of a verb designating the thing we hope we are doing with the EV puzzle, and any others. Both of these words come from the same root verb often used for unravelling puzzles or murders. I hope this is enough to help, but not too much of a give away for other solvers.
14 of 14  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » EV 946