CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

mark

11th December 2010, 11:33
Julie, you wrote

In the case of 22 I didn't understand the end of the clue "ends up going backwards".

The clue is Chief advance ends up going backwards

Chief=head
advance=loan

So that would be Headloan, but placing those two elements backwards, i.e. in reverse order, gives the answer of Loanhead

11 of 16  -   Report This Post

julie, aberdeen

11th December 2010, 12:13
Thanks Mark. I took a flier at Loanhead anyway but that clears it up. Usually if I see "ends up going backwards" in a crossword clue I reverse the letters in say "ends up" but it didn't work this time.
12 of 16  -   Report This Post

julie, aberdeen

11th December 2010, 12:30
AB - yes, I have too have put Granton. Ex Edinburgh in exile might end up there!

The Joker - I was thinking 44 bus route so was wrong - tried to work out how far a boy scout from Currie Scouts could get in deep snow - the one that delivered to my sister in Muirend Avenue came back and offered to clear her path - so it turned out to be a very expensive quiz! I can't work out the ? and ! Sun Times compilers usually use question marks for extra cryptic clues. In desperation I have put Learmonth for No. 14 I have never quite got over having to leave my beloved Edinburgh. Ex Fairmilehead.
Cheers
Julie
13 of 16  -   Report This Post

the joker

11th December 2010, 14:52
FAO _AB
Thanks for Granton.I had pencilled it in but felt there must be a better answer. Will go with it now.

FAO Julie
Have now finished,but some of the answers are a bit less than satisfactory.Maybe poor clues!
Finally dug my way out of Bonaly,snow almost gone but replaced all around Edinburgh by flooding.
Maybe your sister will win the £50 which will cover her snow clearance outlays.
TJ
14 of 16  -   Report This Post

nicola

20th February 2011, 18:39
I am having trouble with this quiz. All the answers are names of towns, villages or areas near edinburgh. I have them all except 11, to criticise harshly is a shallow path to take across and number 18 Many monarchs are fixed in memory. Please help
15 of 16  -   Report This Post

the joker

20th February 2011, 21:59
11 - Slateford
18 - Kingsknowe
16 of 16  -   Report This Post