CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

peter.d

28th November 2010, 21:32
I have solved the clues but am struggling with the 'quotation'. As quotation is in inverted commas I suspect I am looking for a shape represented by the 13 letters...i.e a word or words relevant to the theme, which I have. Could someone confirm that I am on the right lines, please.
1 of 13  -   Report This Post

marianne

29th November 2010, 12:36
I also have the grid completed but am stuck on the "quotation". Any clues, please?
2 of 13  -   Report This Post

tony

29th November 2010, 12:43
A run of unchecked letters will help you.
3 of 13  -   Report This Post

tony

29th November 2010, 17:01
I should have added that the author is 13 letters!
4 of 13  -   Report This Post

shannie

29th November 2010, 18:43
I think i have the beginning to the quote but still need a lot more help. I have six continuous unchecked letters with perhaps another "two" following, but then I am lost completely. I shall be delighted with more tips please
5 of 13  -   Report This Post

tony

29th November 2010, 19:12
If you google the 6 letters you have together with the theme you should get the quotation and the author.
Good luck
6 of 13  -   Report This Post

shannie

30th November 2010, 10:05
Thank you Tony for your hint . Unfortunately I still cannot get it. Is my 6 continuous letters (made up of two words)not correct perhaps? Maybe I am looking in the wrong place. Sorry I'm so thick this week , but I would like to complete this puzzle since I have completed the grid fully. It really is a stinkhorn!!
7 of 13  -   Report This Post

anniec

30th November 2010, 10:58
Hello Tony - I share Shannie's frustration as I think i am looking at the same string of letters and I even think I know the author judging by the theme but I cannot get the quote at all! If the observation is "cryptically described" in the grid is this the bit we are missing? Thanks
8 of 13  -   Report This Post

marianne

30th November 2010, 15:10
Thanks for the hints, have finally got it! I was googling the name of the puzzle rather than the theme and got on the wrong track.
9 of 13  -   Report This Post

newboy

30th November 2010, 19:49
I have finished the puzzle and have the author and 'quotation'.
However I am unsure of the word-play for 1A.
The first three letters are explained by cooker
but how is the 'ric' arrived at.
Any explanation will be gratefully received.
10 of 13  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » EV 943