CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

torvic

25th November 2010, 17:32
For some unknown reason my copy of Radio Times arrived today, five days early.
There are no really bad clues, but my favourites are 16a, 3d and 24a. I had better give the clues for those who haven't received RT yet.

16a - Wicked king carried because of too much to drink(7).
3d - Win an old car(7).
24a - Stick with lines for scoring(5).
The wordfinder answer is Waking The Dead
1 of 51  -   Report This Post

torvic

26th November 2010, 11:11
Am I the only one that received RT early?
2 of 51  -   Report This Post

nimrod

26th November 2010, 12:03
Torvic, my copy arrived today. Should make life interesting with 2 RT threads to follow!
3 of 51  -   Report This Post

nimrod

26th November 2010, 12:06
Will start it later tonight. This will be really strange tackling the RT before the weekend.
4 of 51  -   Report This Post

quizzo

27th November 2010, 13:41
My copy came Friday instead of next Tuesday or Wednesday as expected - There's not even the wordfinder entry on the RT website yet.
5 of 51  -   Report This Post

mandala

27th November 2010, 13:56
Hmmmm. Still no sign of it in the shop here. Of course, we could blame the snow I suppose.
6 of 51  -   Report This Post

tomcat

27th November 2010, 18:08
Hello. I haven't posted on this site before, but I have benefitted from some of your discussions in the past; many thanks for your help in understanding some of the clues. I've completed all but two of the cryptic: 6d and 14d. Whoops, make that one: just worked out the answer to 6d. Curiously, I was browsing the TV listings today and realised that that my copy of RT is for the week 4-10 December. Has anyone else noticed this?
7 of 51  -   Report This Post

tomca

28th November 2010, 10:56
Mystery solved. I didn't get my copy of RT for the current week (27th Nov onwards). So I've gone from RT47 to RT49 without having had chance to do RT48. I shall have to speak to RT about this.
8 of 51  -   Report This Post

nimrod

28th November 2010, 11:26
Torvic - would agree with you. A good crossword this week. Took some time to fathom 21D, the answer was clear once I cleared the clutter from my brain. Did like 16A & 3D.
A warm welcome to TomCa. I did the same as you - in that I followed the discussion and clues for several months before plucking up the courage to make contributions to the RT thread.
9 of 51  -   Report This Post

wee jock

29th November 2010, 11:35
Morning All,
Trundled through the snow to the paper shop to get some milk this morning and whereas there had been no milk deliveries they did have the new Radio Times!
All you good folks who get your RT by mail will have finished the crossword by now so without more ado and without reading any of your comments until Im finished I will make a start.
Regards to all and a special"Och aye the noo" to Karen,Mandala and Mondrian.

WEE JOCK
10 of 51  -   Report This Post