CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

Home » Forum » RT48

navigator

23rd November 2010, 13:58
Not too bad this week. I didn'tlike 4d, 17d and 19d.
1 of 37  -   Report This Post

navigator

23rd November 2010, 15:52
Again we have two new threads for this puzzle. This one which I opened at 13.58 and "Radio times crossword 48 " opened at 14.28. Can we not agree on the way the thread should be titled in future?
2 of 37  -   Report This Post

terry

23rd November 2010, 15:55
Navigator,
Some people think the RT is just another crossword and simply want the answers to unsolved clues. They wouldn't get them on this thread would they.
3 of 37  -   Report This Post

caravaggio

23rd November 2010, 17:26
Hi Navigator,

Yes, it's unfortunate that another thread has been started with the same heading but, as Terry has observed, some people just want the answers and we have to accept that.

I didn't find this puzzle particularly enjoyable as 11a has appeared for the umpteenth time this year [not necessarily in the Radio Times], the surface reading for 21a is crude and I didn't like your three examples either.

With best wishes,

Caravaggio
4 of 37  -   Report This Post

butterfly

23rd November 2010, 18:26
As mentioned on the other thread I've got this weeks RT with no trouble. Haven't started it yet but by the sounds of it, it's going to be a difficult one this week. No doubt I'll be asking for help later - but like most contributors on here, no answers please just hints!
5 of 37  -   Report This Post

crypto

23rd November 2010, 19:51
Had a bit of time today so got the RT early. Having said I struggled with the past 3 RTs in previous posts this one came together ok. The only clue I didn't like was 17d. The solution for the image bit I didn't really like but then again it is in my thesaurus.
6 of 37  -   Report This Post

caravaggio

24th November 2010, 14:30
Hi Crypto,

Yes, I can see why you dislike 17d - yet another clue where the compiler has excelled himself/herself...

Where has everybody got to this week? It's possible, I suppose, that the Radio Times is being delivered later than usual.

Kind regards,

Caravaggio
7 of 37  -   Report This Post

nimrod

24th November 2010, 15:06
Good afternoon all. Yes, late delivery of RT again this week. Agree with the comments made, particularly 4D, 11A & 19D. However, did like 12A (used to watch this in black & white on TV) and 22A.
8 of 37  -   Report This Post

chris4food

24th November 2010, 20:56
Hi All, well I completed this week's whilst riding on a bus from Hereford to Hay-on-Wye - all that jostling around obviously did wonders for the old grey matter, cos with the exception of 16a - clueless as usual - I completed the rest before reaching my destination. For the uninitiated - it's an hour's journey - so remarkable for me!!! I find these last few weeks easier, [with the odd exception] so maybe I'm getting cleverer in my dotage, or familiarity is breeding contempt!!!
re 16a, I've got -e-c-u- and I can't work out whether it's an anagram of sauce, an Oxford college, or something to do with boating - additional clues most definitely welcome..... please?
My RT never arrives until early afternoon - post shocking in S Yorks, so I actually bought another copy of RT at the station - and I'm off to Sunny Surrey next week, so another additional purchase is on the cards!
Best wishes to you all
Chris
9 of 37  -   Report This Post

wee jock

24th November 2010, 21:00
Hi Folks,

May I join you ?. Ive been doing the RT for many years now usually finishing before Ilook into this forum to see what the comments are. I finished earlier this week so here Iam.
10 of 37  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » RT48