CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

elizabeth

18th November 2010, 16:11
Could someone offer just a clue to answering this?

CHAPS ADAPTING HEBREW is an anagram of which 20th century opera as usually rendered in English. It is very rarely, if ever performed in its entirety these days, and the composers surname sounds a bit like a meaty alcoholic offering!
1 of 15  -   Report This Post

chrisg

18th November 2010, 16:17
Part of the answer relates to the name given to the person who plays this particular instrument
2 of 15  -   Report This Post

ajt

18th November 2010, 16:29
How much of a clue do you want? Part of the answer is an instrument that we associate with a particular part of Britain
3 of 15  -   Report This Post

sudokulover

18th November 2010, 16:34
Try the "Universal anagram solver" I think your answer is there
4 of 15  -   Report This Post

chrisg

18th November 2010, 16:34
final clue from me...part of the first word is the name of a fish in a film starring John Cleese
5 of 15  -   Report This Post

????

18th November 2010, 17:53
Elizabeth, GBQ and GFQ answers are supposed to be your own work - please abide by the quiz setters request to not ask questions from his quizzes on these sites.
6 of 15  -   Report This Post

annie

19th November 2010, 15:18
Well said ???? How many times does the setter have to ask people not to post GBQ questions on sites such as this before they take any notice?
7 of 15  -   Report This Post

????????????

19th November 2010, 15:41
Why dont we stop providing any additional clues or answers on this site for any crossword/quiz offering a prize/cash.? Everyone is paying an entry fee by virtue of the fact that they buy the newspaper/magazine or subscribe to it online.(The fact that entrants to the GBQ etc quizzes pay a fee is one of the arguments the "Quiz Police" put foward as being unfair to the other entrants)If the crossword compiler asks that these type of sites are not used, would we get Crossword Police?
I think that there is a danger that this site (already diminishing in posts) will close down eventually. This would be a shame.
PS I know this issue has been debated on numerous occasions in the past but I am just letting off a bit of steam !!...so apologies in advance if I have upset anyone
8 of 15  -   Report This Post

fewer ??? than before

19th November 2010, 16:15
Whilst for some quizzes, entrants should respect the rules including not getting advice, this is irrelevant to crosswords.

Those who would just have everyone "go it alone" are missing out on the pleasure of sharing knowledge and helping a fellow man/woman. Don't be spoilsports!
9 of 15  -   Report This Post

????

19th November 2010, 16:40
It's not the fact that GBQ and GFQ contestants pay a fee which irritates us, it's the fact that we have been asked not to ask questions on these sites. The vast majority like to do our own work - some questions are hard and need a bit of thought. It's very annoying when having spent a good few hours and sometimes days finding an answer to see that people like Elizabeth post questions expecting to be given the answer. In spite of requests not to give answers, some 'well meaning?' souls continue to do. Two very good quizzes are slowly being 'killed' by this behaviour. Finally, this is a Crossword Clue Solver site - not a quiz help site. There, my rant over too.
10 of 15  -   Report This Post