CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

torvic

16th November 2010, 13:06
Some very good clues this week, my favourites are 20a, 14a, 9d and 18d.
The answer to 5d is not EXTRAS, I nearly fell into that trap!
1 of 22  -   Report This Post

navigator

16th November 2010, 13:16
I liked 10a, 11a and 20a.
5d and 6d slowed me down for a while.
18d doesn't appear in my version of the Oxford dictionary.
2 of 22  -   Report This Post

caravaggio

16th November 2010, 15:24
Good afternoon Torvic & Navigator,

You two have come scorching out of your blocks this week and, having read your comments, I totally agree with what you've both said except 11a. As this was the last answer which I put in, you'll appreciate that I could work out the answer from the checking letters and then, when I looked at the clue, I thought, "What an ugly construct!"

With kind regards,

Caravaggio
3 of 22  -   Report This Post

nimrod

16th November 2010, 15:44
Good afternoon. Goodness! Torvic & Navigator, that was quick - well done! Agree with most of your comments: I too found 10A, 20A & 15D to be well constructed. however, I agree with Caravaggio about the construct of 11A; also thought that 21A was weak.
Caravaggio, managed a short walk at Teggs Nose yesterday - blew away a lot of the cobwebs!!!!
4 of 22  -   Report This Post

caravaggio

16th November 2010, 16:34
Hi Nimrod,

I'm pleased to hear that you've been out and, although it's been a long while since I was in your neck of the Cheshire woods, there are some wonderful views around Macclesfield and am I right in thinking you're heading toward the Derbyshire border?

With best wishes,

Caravaggio
5 of 22  -   Report This Post

anon

16th November 2010, 17:24

Good Evening Everybody - I have posted, for your mild amusement, a piece, but on another thread, so as not to interrupt the flow of conversation here. It is A SAGA; it comes with greetings to you all and a respectful bow to RobtheRich.
6 of 22  -   Report This Post

nimrod

16th November 2010, 19:35
Caravaggio; Cheshire East as some imaginative civil servant decided to re-name us a couple of years ago.
7 of 22  -   Report This Post

navigator

16th November 2010, 21:14
Hi Nimrod,
It is clear from the messages by Caravaggio and others that before I met up with friends here you had been under the weather and are now on the way back to good health. I hope that your recovery will continue rapidly.I had never heard of Teggs Nose and your mention of it rather fascinated me. I have found quite a few photos of the area on the net and it seems to me that it is an area of outstanding beauty.
With kind regards.
8 of 22  -   Report This Post

navigator

17th November 2010, 10:03
We seem to have a choice this week between "Radio Times 47" started by torvic yesterday and "RT 47" started by Xfan today.
9 of 22  -   Report This Post

torvic

17th November 2010, 10:10
Choice is what the government wants us to have (although they are only offering us one size of society!). It's better than being threadbare.
10 of 22  -   Report This Post