CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

caravaggio

9th November 2010, 11:48
Good morning to you all,

My condolences to Navigator for his loss and I apologise for starting this thread but I have been waiting for an electrician to call.

There were some good clues this week - I particularly liked 22a - but there are some poor ones too, in particular 10a, 4d and 14d - where you will have to accept [and Chambers confirms] that b is an acceptable abbreviation for 'billion'.

With best wishes,

Caravaggio
1 of 68  -   Report This Post

navigator

9th November 2010, 12:27
Thankyou Caravaggio.
I think I have managed 6a, 5d, 3d and 13d but I
can't see exactly how they match the clues.
Other than that no problems but stuck on 4d and 16a.
2 of 68  -   Report This Post

navigator

9th November 2010, 12:42
Thankyou Nimrod and Philip for your kind thoughts.
(I've repeated this message as you may not have seen those at the end of the RT 45 page).
3 of 68  -   Report This Post

navigator

9th November 2010, 15:03
Got 4d after a struggle. A poor clue (what an excuse!). 16a also,but I can't blame the clue.
I liked 21d because that's where I went fishing with a jamjar and a net 77 years ago.

4 of 68  -   Report This Post

chris4food

9th November 2010, 15:58
Hello All, and sincere condolences to Navigator on his recent family bereavement.
I'm finding the going somewhat tougher with this new compiler. Done less than half so far, but only been trying for an hour.....Got the top left hand done, except for 3d, but got to go and pick up my neighbour's little boy from school. Will continue later this evening - maybe the fresh air will unclog the grey matter...
5 of 68  -   Report This Post

karen

9th November 2010, 16:02
Hello to all.
Dear Navigator. Sorry to read of your recent loss. My condolences to you and your family.Karen

Found RT the usual mix of good and not so good clues!Liked 14d. Didnt like 10a,4d.
6 of 68  -   Report This Post

mondrian

9th November 2010, 17:26
Navigator, may I add my condolences at this sad time for you. It is good that you are managing to get on so well with the crossword.

I have started too - not finished yet, but getting on better than last week, thank goodness! No doubt I will be back in a day or too to seek some help as usual! Old gal, hope you are getting on better too this week.
7 of 68  -   Report This Post

navigator

9th November 2010, 17:38
Thankyou Chris4food and Karen.
8 of 68  -   Report This Post

nimrod

9th November 2010, 18:24
Good evening all (sounds a bit like George Dixon on a Saturday night a long time ago). An interesting and challenging puzzle this week. I thought 15A, 22A, 10A & 1D were good clues. Surprisingly the TV clue was a lot easier this week.
9 of 68  -   Report This Post

chris4food

9th November 2010, 19:07
Yayyyyy, done it!!! [Well, at least I hope the answers are correct!!]
The walk and fresh air obviously did the trick and it took my half an hour extra, altho' I'm not too sure about my answers to 4d - I've got the blue dye jobbie - is that right??
Also 21 down if it's a London River it's not the same spelling, or does it just sound like that???
I liked 6a, 16a 22a and 13d [great one] but didn't like 5d or 17d
This is the first time I've completed it by myself [well, if all the answers are right that is] and I feel like I've joined the Elite!!!
Cheers
Chris
10 of 68  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » RT 46