CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

fredab

31st October 2010, 18:08
Thanks for that but if you don't take the relevant newspaper, it's impossible to help with the crossword if you don't have the clues in front of you!
8 of 16  -   Report This Post

grawn

31st October 2010, 18:12
Thanks
now I have done my homework and see there were more threads
I have finished the Xword now.
I did not realise that not everyone has the paper so thats why there were no clues.
Some folk do put the answers on the threads- is this 'cricket', I thought hints were better, as don't want to see answers by accident?
9 of 16  -   Report This Post

terry

31st October 2010, 18:19
Grawn didn't even say which crossword this was. You can't expect FredaB (or anyone else) to be aware of earlier threads. It should be no clue/no of letters given no answer.
It just doesn't help in the long run if people who happen to know what the answer is give it without the clue,etc. Especially when someone like FredaB has asked for that information.
10 of 16  -   Report This Post

ixion

31st October 2010, 18:30
I appreciate what you're saying Terry but Grawn is new to the site and it was clear to me at least what xword was referred to.
11 of 16  -   Report This Post

terry

31st October 2010, 18:41
Ixion,
I'm not having a go at you personally. I just think that if people can get answers without giving the clue,etc they will never see any reason to provide same.
Someone like FredaB wants to help,asks for the necessary info but then a third party provides the answer anyway. This must annoy FredaB.
I know you were just being helpful Ixion but I think it would be better to encourage posters give the clue,etc as a matter of routine.and not help if they don't.
12 of 16  -   Report This Post

grawn

31st October 2010, 18:56
Yes Ixion is right, I am new, and I wasn't aware that a thread would not appear in a designated xword box.
I'm sure that giving the answer would not be the response by most folk, as they are cryptic fans and more inclined to be 'cryptic' back?
I'm learning all the time though, so may be able to help others soon.
13 of 16  -   Report This Post

terry

31st October 2010, 19:02
Grawn,
As a newbie you can be forgiven anything. But i'll tell you one thing. Unless you spell out in block caps that you only want a further clue or hint you will surely get the answer.
14 of 16  -   Report This Post

grawn

31st October 2010, 20:15
Terry
YOU ARE KIND TO ENLIGHTEN ME.
THANK YOU.
15 of 16  -   Report This Post

fredab

1st November 2010, 10:56
All sorted now, Grawn. Good look with this site in the future.
16 of 16  -   Report This Post