CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

schooldaze

13th April 2009, 11:13
good morning puzzlers, I too am attempting this quiz and would be delighted if someone could help me with a couple of clues. 59)Part-exchanged in the style of an antipodean server 33.......but Browning prepared what it contains-piece by piece. Thank you
1 of 29  -   Report This Post

dougglos

13th April 2009, 11:25
59) Use three of the letters in PART first, then add another word for "in the style of". This will give you the name of a former Aussie tennis player, his surname also being part of the construction of a house.

33) A Mr. Browning was the manufacturer of certain items if kitche equipment, and this answer is a container that would hold these.

Hope this helps.
2 of 29  -   Report This Post

schooldaze

13th April 2009, 11:38
thank you very much indeed, I will get my thinking cap on now.
3 of 29  -   Report This Post

schooldaze

13th April 2009, 12:45
thanks dougglos, HAVE WORKED OUT THE ANTIPODEAN SERVER ONE but still struggling with other, is it something to do with knives?
4 of 29  -   Report This Post

john (from arran)

13th April 2009, 12:48
@schooldaze - I was thinking of browning as you would find it on the condiments shelf of the supermarket.

@dougglos - Interesting. I hadn\'t found any references to a Browning who made kitchen equipment. Lot\'s about the poet and the gunmaker. I\'ll need to look again.
5 of 29  -   Report This Post

grumpygeezer

13th April 2009, 13:56
I have an answer for #33, but it has nothing to do with anyone called Browning. Rather I see Browning as the process than precedes the output being placed individually in this container.

Hope this isn't too cryptic a reply.
6 of 29  -   Report This Post

schooldaze

13th April 2009, 14:04
think i see your answer and it sounds good to me, thank you
7 of 29  -   Report This Post

polly dee

13th April 2009, 14:54
Hello ! I am a newcomer to this site and find it very friendly and helpful. Please can I ask for an extra clue to the 'antipodean server' question - I just cannot work it out!!
8 of 29  -   Report This Post

john (from arran)

13th April 2009, 15:08
Think of 'server' as in a game rather than food. Also Google for 'SW19' and '2000'.
9 of 29  -   Report This Post

schooldaze

13th April 2009, 15:10
hello, this is my first day on this site too and its been very helpful, dougglos pointed it out to me and the penny dropped, the letter left out after you take the name from "part" is the first letter of the surname and the answer is in the structure of the house, hope this helps
10 of 29  -   Report This Post