CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

karen

26th October 2010, 22:06
Hello all RT Crossworders! Hope you enjoyed todays,found a few very difficult,but got there in the end. Hope your all well x
1 of 61  -   Report This Post

the police

26th October 2010, 22:20
Better be quick,before Caravaggio gets everybody to go somewhere else.
2 of 61  -   Report This Post

karen

26th October 2010, 22:22
Hello The Police. What do you mean?
3 of 61  -   Report This Post

the police

26th October 2010, 22:36
look at the Riddler's thread. Not the first time caravaggio done this.
4 of 61  -   Report This Post

karen

26th October 2010, 23:26
I do not do these crosswords. Good Nightx
5 of 61  -   Report This Post

the police

26th October 2010, 23:29
So,bugger everybody else,I'm alright. Nice.
6 of 61  -   Report This Post

philip

27th October 2010, 11:42
Karen
My RT has not arrived yet and judging by the lack of input from others I guess I am not alone.
Dont let this idiot get to you. We have had one or two caustic jealous postings from him/her over the last few weeks. Lets treat him/her like Stan and ignore him/her (it could even be Stan!)
My guess is that he/she is someone who is struggling with the easy clues and cant bear to see the rest of us helping each other
Regards
PHILIP
7 of 61  -   Report This Post

caravaggio

27th October 2010, 11:44
Good morning all,

I didn't have too many problems with this puzzle and obviously Karen didn't either...

May I just exlain what appears to have been a transgression on my part but, to my mind, doesn't deserve the opprobrium. On certain occasions, for Telegraph cruciverbalists, I recommend Big Dave's Crossword Blog which is a wonderful site and originally was called Big Dave's Telegraph Crossword Blog. If the Telegraph puzzle is a non-prize crossword, an explanation is given on the construct of the clue and, by dragging the cursor through the [open] brackets, one can see the actual answer.

Yesterday [Tuesday], I recommended the site to someone who had three clues to solve in the knowledge that, not only would he find the answers, but he would also find an explanation of the construct of those answers. He was highly delighted, describing the site as 'brilliant'. Others have taken umbrage...

Nimrod, I hope your recovery continues apace.

With best wishes,

Caravaggio
8 of 61  -   Report This Post

blue moon

27th October 2010, 11:59
caravaggio

Had a quick look at that sight, although I dont do the telegraph, still think it could prove useful.
Thank You
9 of 61  -   Report This Post

robtherich

27th October 2010, 12:00
Pity we haven't it at our disposal to wipe/delete/annihilate the moronic contributions which mar many of these threads. This one is particularly miffing because I was, on Tuesday evening, going to congratulate the setter on a good 'un - clever and fun. I watched Masterchef, got hungry, cooked, ate and forgot.

Does anyone else suspect that we've a new setter for RT - or is it that s/he has taken note of the feedback we've offered and upped the game?

Wo'evva, I really enjoyed this week...

(And I still haven't had a newsletter)
10 of 61  -   Report This Post