CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

geordie

23rd October 2010, 14:25
Please can anyone explain 38d to me?
Clue: First of ministers to accompany Blair touring the industrial centre of Scotland (10)
I have come up with "mOtHeRwelL" the capitals being actual letters from another 4 solutions. I just can't see why the solution fits the clue, except for the M, being "First of ministers"
Now Motherwell could be nowt to do with anything, but then I'm stumped. Howay the lads at West Ham today-wish I could be there with my sons. Thanks, Paul
1 of 4  -   Report This Post

sallyw

23rd October 2010, 14:28
George Orwells real name was Blair so its M o(THE)rwell. Took me a while to get it.
2 of 4  -   Report This Post

geordie

23rd October 2010, 14:38
Thanks so much, Sally...I'm kicking myself with my metaphorical size 11s now. I knew deep down that Blair was George Orwell's name, but a mental aberration had me trying to link it with HG flippin' motherWELLS....Doh! Your intervention has saved what little hair I have left. Paul
3 of 4  -   Report This Post

sallyw

23rd October 2010, 15:19
Glad to be able to help! I mulled it over for about half an hour before I had a sudden light bulb moment, and I was trying to link the answer to Tony Blair!
4 of 4  -   Report This Post