CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

sarumite

30th December 2023, 12:05
Can't believe I'm unable to parse the following clue, although the answer appears to be obvious:

Recall leading jacket for colleague in purple-brown colour (4)

I have P?C? and assume the answer must be PUCE.
1 of 7  -   Report This Post

norah (admin)

30th December 2023, 12:09
Sarumite, you please read the Posting Guidelines which I have just bumped to the top.

Unless you post more info in accordance with those Guidelines, I will have to delete your thread.
2 of 7  -   Report This Post

candledave

30th December 2023, 12:14
UP reversed and CE is the jacket of colleague
3 of 7  -   Report This Post

sarumite

30th December 2023, 12:19
Apologies Norah (Admin)

4 of 7  -   Report This Post

sarumite

30th December 2023, 12:21
Thanks candledave, a senior moment for me obviously.
5 of 7  -   Report This Post

norah (admin)

30th December 2023, 14:30
Sarumite, you have apologised but not given any information on the source of the clue so please give this information, and also read the following taken from the Posting Guidelines :

“”We will not accept threads headed "Stuck", "Help!!!" or "Last One" etc., these will be deleted”

I like to keep the Forum looking neat and tidy and this sort of heading spoils all my efforts😰

6 of 7  -   Report This Post

malone

30th December 2023, 14:40
As a solver, I always like to know where a puzzle is from - that can sometimes help with the difficulty level! Also, some crosswords have distinctly quirky clues (those from the RTE can be on the 'totally bizarre' side of quirky). I'm also prepared to look for slightly less stringent clueing if it's a local publication, local quiz.
7 of 7  -   Report This Post