CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

darla

29th November 2023, 04:15
A couple of problems in this one. In 12 the attempted reverse hidden doesn’t work. Also, I really disagree with the definition in 16. Certainly there are actors, but we just hear their voices.
1 of 7  -   Report This Post

geeker

29th November 2023, 04:34
12 comes weirdly close to working in a sense, but I agree. "Piece returned" could conceivably mean that only three letters (from the second word) get reversed. Trouble is, their order of the two words would then also need to be reversed. Probably just a setter gaffe.
Good point on 16 as well.
The puzzle was rather easy and I wrote in most answers without paying much attention to wordplay.
2 of 7  -   Report This Post

darla

29th November 2023, 15:54
Geeker, I also kept trying to find a way to make "piece returned" work, but couldn't.
3 of 7  -   Report This Post

buddy

29th November 2023, 16:13
I can see that neither of you have ever bought anything from Fabegre. Much cheaper than the alternative.
4 of 7  -   Report This Post

darla

30th November 2023, 01:29
😆
5 of 7  -   Report This Post

geeker

30th November 2023, 03:13
Reading 225, fault can also be found with 7 (middle two letters not exactly "central" to a word in clue).
Funny I didn't notice any of these flaws when solving.
6 of 7  -   Report This Post

darla

30th November 2023, 23:10
I didn't notice the problem in 7. That one is easily fixed though. Just make it fabric instead of the plural. Sloppy setting and editing.
7 of 7  -   Report This Post