CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

sybila

19th November 2023, 18:14
I have completed the grid and found the 'letter writers' etc. just can't solve the final sentence of the preamble or understand the theme ( arable land?). Any clues please?
1 of 6  -   Report This Post

drxx

19th November 2023, 18:34
You'll see the 3 bogus names in the grid - replace them with the real person's surname ('arable' 3 letters, is the first name of the real person and 'land' is a country, 6 letters).
2 of 6  -   Report This Post

lumen

21st November 2023, 08:54
Coming back to this....now there is a duplicate thread!?
Anyway, I have a gap top left so please help with 1a, Female observer perhaps scared by male chauvinist. (4) I have ??C? May contain one bogus letter in the word play.
Also I can't find a suitable word to fit at 38a. May have an incorrect crosser.
3 of 6  -   Report This Post

brendan

21st November 2023, 09:34
Hi Lumen,

1a - answer is hidden so you need to change a word to indicate that - definition is Female observer perhaps.
4 of 6  -   Report This Post

brendan

21st November 2023, 09:38
38a - last letter in first word is changed and that synonym goes around both 2 letter 'men' and 2 letter 'that is' - definition is 'rise again'
5 of 6  -   Report This Post

lumen

21st November 2023, 12:09
Thanks for those Brendan. I'm don't have my Chambers to hand but I'm thinking 1a is an abbreviation so 'Short female observer' may have been better.....and for 38a to 'rise again rarely' was required? But Nimrod is trying to make clues shorter.
6 of 6  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » IQ 1830