CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

Home » Forum » EVs

grunger

15th November 2023, 14:21
Have I missed something, or are EVs no longer discussed her?
1 of 10  -   Report This Post

malone

15th November 2023, 14:24
Hi, Grunger. There were threads for EV 1613 and 1614. I am not one for starting a thread just to say that I thought a puzzle was particularly good - if I did, I'd also want to post when I thought a puzzle was particularly bad! That never goes down well...
2 of 10  -   Report This Post

grunger

15th November 2023, 16:33
Thanks Malone

Yes I suppose if they were too easy or uninteresting, people may not wish to comment. I am struggling with the last two though.

3 of 10  -   Report This Post

jigjag

15th November 2023, 16:37
Grunger

I started the last 2 but gave up. I am surprised there are no threads though. I found them hard too.
4 of 10  -   Report This Post

malone

15th November 2023, 17:01
Hi, Jigjag... and Hi again, Grunger.

I suppose we all see different difficulty levels... and enjoyment levels. I found those last two puzzles relatively straightforward and ... only a little interesting!
5 of 10  -   Report This Post

orson

15th November 2023, 17:10
I haven't tried an EV since they stopped being available online. I'm sure there are others like me so I assume there is less interest. I remember they once tried to encourage more people to enter by giving an occasional easy puzzle but it didn't really happen. So they made it less easily available.
6 of 10  -   Report This Post

alwayspuzzled

15th November 2023, 19:24
Hi Orson. Apparently a link is posted to EV every Sunday on another forum. I'm afraid I'm 'old-fashioned; enough to buy the paper every week. As far as EV 1616 is concerned I found it an appropriate theme/concept for the day.
7 of 10  -   Report This Post

nxe

16th November 2023, 15:17
Perhaps it's worth adding that the PressReader app gets you access (legally) for free (searching "puzzles" does the trick). If you've got a local library card, I believe it will let you log in once you've got it set up.
8 of 10  -   Report This Post

bobbycollins

17th November 2023, 11:53
I don't see EV surviving. There have been two failed attempts to discontinue, and I fear that the end is nigh; not too soon one hopes.
9 of 10  -   Report This Post

alwayspuzzled

17th November 2023, 14:19
It won't go down without a fight Bobbycollins. The previously mooted idea of replacing it with a Mephisto type puzzle doesn't bear thinking about.
10 of 10  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » EVs