CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

chrise

20th October 2023, 19:04
I'm ready to go, but I'll wait a bit longer to see if mattrom posts the Peer Review result.
1 of 51  -   Report This Post

buddy

20th October 2023, 19:28
As it is only 5:30 AM in Sydney, I think we can all agree that mattrom should have a leisurely Saturday morning, and post the results whenever she gets around to it.
2 of 51  -   Report This Post

chrise

20th October 2023, 19:44
OK buddy

Weekend Peer Review 207

Welcome to our weekend competition to compose a cryptic clue to be judged by your fellow contestants. You may enter as many clues as you like, and everyone is welcome, particularly new entrants. Feel free to explain your clue if you think it will help, or to ask another entrant to parse their clue. However, please don't comment on the clues before voting closes.

Clues should be posted before noon (UK time) on Sunday the 22nd of October, when voting opens. Voting closes at 8pm the same day.

This weekend’s challenge is:

AQUARIUS (8)

Have fun and good luck!

Weekend rules: Each entrant has six votes to allocate across any of one to six clues (no fractional votes allowed). For example, the allocation might be 3/2/1 for the top 3 clues, and many other allocations are possible. In the event of a tie, the number of first place votes will be taken into consideration (if those are equal, 2nd place votes, etc.).

Future setters should note that a complete list of words used previously in Clueless, Peer Review and Weekend Peer Review is available here https://tinyurl.com/4dzss5np
3 of 51  -   Report This Post

darla

20th October 2023, 20:11
Sign this age was dawning? (8)
4 of 51  -   Report This Post

paulhabershon

20th October 2023, 20:22
A question by Arab coalition put before current US House (8)

United Arab Republic
5 of 51  -   Report This Post

buddy

20th October 2023, 20:41
Fish tank nearly exhausts, in the end, the water carrier (8)

aquariu(m)+s
6 of 51  -   Report This Post

buddy

20th October 2023, 20:43
Absent (as I'm in Russia) from the mountains of Arizona (8)

A QUA + I in RUS; QUA = as or in the capacity of

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aquarius_Mountains
7 of 51  -   Report This Post

jono

20th October 2023, 20:47
Sign of tanks firing first of missiles (8)

Aquariu(m)s
8 of 51  -   Report This Post

tyke51

20th October 2023, 20:49
Sign off Iraq USA uniform (8)

IRAQUSAU
9 of 51  -   Report This Post

jono

20th October 2023, 20:52
Some stars formed from quasar and the beginnings of the infinite universe (8)
10 of 51  -   Report This Post