CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

brendan

16th September 2023, 00:25
HI All, this week's Prize by Paul contains Special Instructions and is not interactive. Unfortunately my printer no longer talks to my laptop so I'll have to draw the grid by hand meaning my usual blog will be later than usual.

Good luck and thank you for all your kind words last week, they were appreciated more than you will ever know:-)
1 of 124  -   Report This Post

geeker

16th September 2023, 01:38
Just starting to make progress, but I see a clue that darla fka mathprof will enjoy!
2 of 124  -   Report This Post

darla

16th September 2023, 02:24
Thanks, geeker. I was going to skip it considering it's not available in the app and it's Paul to boot, but now I at least have to take a look.
3 of 124  -   Report This Post

geeker

16th September 2023, 02:27
Thanks to Paul! Not sure he's ever composed a jigsaw puzzle, will have to check.

I found this extremely difficult. Technically, there's an easy way in due to a single 11-letter entry. But that's a beast of a clue (though enjoyable), so not much help.

First clue solved was Z, first in the grid was S. LOI definitely the 15-letter solution near the right edge (no more to avoid spoilers).

Some very fine clues: L and Y caused laughter on parsing.

Curious whether others found this as tough as I did.
4 of 124  -   Report This Post

geeker

16th September 2023, 02:36
darla, so you don't waste too much time on a puzzle you don't like...the clue is one for which the definition is the first word. 😉
5 of 124  -   Report This Post

darla

16th September 2023, 03:03
Actually, though I’ve just started, I’m finding it rather enjoyable, a rarity for me with Paul. A big hint for those who may be similarly intimidated, is that Paul has done one thing to make it easier, which I noticed quickly.
6 of 124  -   Report This Post

darla

16th September 2023, 03:06
And I’ve just seen which clue you alluded to, and I do indeed appreciate it.
7 of 124  -   Report This Post

plutocrat

16th September 2023, 03:36
Haven't looked at this yet, but if anyone wants an electronic version, I've dumped a spreadsheet up on Wormhole, valid for 24 hours.

8 of 124  -   Report This Post

plutocrat

16th September 2023, 03:37
Which the forum stripped out ... trying again. https://wormhole.app/5o8J0#d_E2OZpSmm_OqU5A1sk42w
9 of 124  -   Report This Post

darla

16th September 2023, 03:44
Wow! The most enjoyable Paul puzzle ever for me. First solved was E, and first in K, which also has to be my COD. Still haven’t parsed Y yet. A salute to Paul.
10 of 124  -   Report This Post