CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

john (from arran)

10th April 2009, 23:31
@MD

By your logic, '...come from two extremes.' implies that the letters are 'T' & 'O'. I don't know if that helps, but I still haven't got the answer
31 of 39  -   Report This Post

jennyg

11th April 2009, 00:24
84 Is an anagram of the playwright who wrote the play - The Cocktail Party.
Hope that helps.
32 of 39  -   Report This Post

jennyg

11th April 2009, 00:27
Sorry Campanille I meant no. 80 not 84 it's late and several glasses of wine have not helped the old brain.
33 of 39  -   Report This Post

campanilla

11th April 2009, 00:35
Thanks JennyG, absolutely brilliant, I have been going round in circles with that one, completely on the wrong track. I think I was trying to make it too difficult but it does get more difficult to do when you only have a few left and there's nowhere to go for a change. Thanks again.
34 of 39  -   Report This Post

dougglos

11th April 2009, 08:42
JennyG - your help re question 63 was appreciated, but even after about three hours trying to figure out the actual word it still escapes me! If you gave me, say, the first and last letters it might help!! Thanks, Douglas.
35 of 39  -   Report This Post

campanilla

11th April 2009, 09:17
mornin' Dougglos, if you want help from someone else, try thinking that the last part of the word means 'to sew' and the word begins with a 'd'. Very obscure word and not one that you would normally be able to say that your mother-in-law has one, unless she's Welsh!
36 of 39  -   Report This Post

paulinep

11th April 2009, 09:43
Hello Dougglos

If you`re still stuck on 63 (and want to be put out of your misery!)go to the post started by Lizzie on 1st April.
I gave the answer in the thread.

Regards to all

PaulineP (aka Juliet Caps)
37 of 39  -   Report This Post

dougglos

11th April 2009, 11:20
Many thanks to Campanilla & Pauline P for their help with 63 (No wonder I couldn't work out the anagram!!) Now down to 19 and 94 only, so will be working hard over the weekend to finish them.
Best regards to all.
38 of 39  -   Report This Post

lizzie

11th April 2009, 13:49
I think the answer to 38. An instrument ... is MANDOLINE ch. states a kitchen utensil with a blade for slicing vegetables. I hope this helps!
39 of 39  -   Report This Post