CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

campanilla

10th April 2009, 00:24
Sorry, caps!
11 of 39  -   Report This Post

john (from arran)

10th April 2009, 01:15
I certainly think that STOVEPIPES is an improvement on JULIET CAPS, but I'll just pencil it in for now. ;-)
12 of 39  -   Report This Post

jennyg

10th April 2009, 07:09
Thanks again.

I have also found stovepipes and sou'westers both of which I prefer to Juilet Caps but I am not sure where the two extremes apply. I will just keep on googling.
13 of 39  -   Report This Post

dougglos

10th April 2009, 07:45
Hello, all! Have just come across this website, as I have been going mad trying to find my final six answers! Do you think that STOVEPIPES could be right because they go from a hot place out to a cold place, i.e., from a stove to the outside air? Also, perhaps it's me, but I still couldn't pick up on Belling's hint for 36. (E + CLUE + L + E)
My last six are 19, 27, 36, 52, 63 and 94.
14 of 39  -   Report This Post

jennyg

10th April 2009, 08:03
Hello and welcome Dougglos
27. Is an anagram of ten + girls.
36, Belling was right anagram ocf e+clue+e+l and if you google the answer you will an item found in a house.
52. past threads have suggested Ha+ Tracks ie. hatracks - I cannot take credit for this answer
63. Anagram of due + dd + ran

Hope this helps.
15 of 39  -   Report This Post

jennyg

36, Belling was right anagram ocf e+clue+e+l and if you google the answer you will an item found in a house.
52. past threads have suggested Ha+ Tracks ie. hatracks - I cannot take credit for this answer

Hope this helps.
16 of 39  -   Report This Post

jennyg

Hope this helps.
17 of 39  -   Report This Post

dougglos

10th April 2009, 08:17
Many thanks, JennyG - I did think 27 might be that, but couldn't get along with the "rods" bit, as rods are staight! But I've now gone along with that. Also, do you think my suggestion for 94 might be OK?
Otherwise, nearly finished now!
18 of 39  -   Report This Post

jennyg

10th April 2009, 08:26
Hi Dougglos

Don't know what happened but my reply seems to have appeared 3 times - dont understand as only submitted once - must be a clitch. Out of all the answers for 94 i think Campanilla's suggestion of Stovepipes seems the most appropriate - I did find a connection to a character in Twelfth Night.
19 of 39  -   Report This Post

jennyg

10th April 2009, 08:26
Hi Dougglos

Don't know what happened but my reply seems to have appeared 3 times - dont understand as only submitted once - must be a clitch. Out of all the answers for 94 i think Campanilla's suggestion of Stovepipes seems the most appropriate - I did find a connection to a character in Twelfth Night.
20 of 39  -   Report This Post