CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

jennyg

9th April 2009, 13:46
84. Confidential sign employed by executives. (11)

Any hints please.

Thanks
1 of 39  -   Report This Post

trevor

9th April 2009, 14:12
sign as in star sign
2 of 39  -   Report This Post

jennyg

9th April 2009, 14:21
Thanks for the clue.
3 of 39  -   Report This Post

belling

9th April 2009, 17:41
Hi JennyG - don't know whether you have answer to 84 yet Confidential sign ....

Think of another word for confidential + birth sign.
4 of 39  -   Report This Post

jennyg

9th April 2009, 20:16
Thanks Belling for your assistance I had thought of that but wasn't thinking star signs. I find I get down to the last few and I start thinking too deeply.
5 of 39  -   Report This Post

trevor

9th April 2009, 21:24
hey JennyG
I get that too, thinking the last few answers must be harder than the rest.
Even though I know this, I can't stop it and, as you say, think too deeply.
do you have the answer yet?
I am crap at giving hints, but the last part of the clue is the definition.
6 of 39  -   Report This Post

jennyg

9th April 2009, 21:41
Thanks to everyone who helped me on this one I now have the answer which I discarded a week ago because I thought the answer was singular not plural. So now left with 19, 36 and 94 that are driving me mad.
7 of 39  -   Report This Post

belling

9th April 2009, 22:40
Hi Jenny - believe this clue was answered earlier - not sure by whom. But if you take e from easy + clue + L for left + last letter of obscure and rearrange you should get answer.
8 of 39  -   Report This Post

john (from arran)

9th April 2009, 23:22
I think that was me. There's a lot of discussion in another thread about clue 94. I don't have an answer to clue 19 yet, however Campanilla seems to have finished the whole quiz with the exception of clue 94, so maybe .....

If everyone could use either 'Put Your House In Order' or 'Rainbow Quiz' in their thread titles it would make life a whole lot easier for us all. Titles like 'Cryptic' or 'Help' don't convey very much useful information.
9 of 39  -   Report This Post

campanilla

9th April 2009, 23:59
Sorry John, I'm missing six actually, the same ones as we all appear to be stuck on. I've just spent an hour cursing quietly to myself looking up things on the internet and what I have come up with is "stovepipes". Stovepipe hats are mentioned everywhere in the Elizabethan era, many of them including Shakespeare. The taller the hat the more important the person. The two extremes could be from the stove to the pipe. What do you think? I think it's definitely better than juliet camps.
10 of 39  -   Report This Post