CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

campanilla

9th April 2009, 18:00
Well now, as mine doesn't that surely must leave yours???? You haven't........!! You wouldn't........!!! I can almost picture it now....
10 of 18  -   Report This Post

bees

9th April 2009, 18:42
Can I be ridiculously obscure here?
SOUWESTERS!
Hamlet: I am but mad north-north-west; when the wind is southerly I know a hawk from a handsaw.
Wikipedia: The name derives from nor'easter, which is generally considered the worst storm pattern.
Talk about clutching at straws!
11 of 18  -   Report This Post

campanilla

9th April 2009, 18:52
Hey Bees, you can be as ridiculously obscure as you like. Souwesters is at least one word, which, if the clue is correct it should be and it certainly isn't any more obscure than "juliet caps". I am personally coming to the conclusion that the answer won't have anything to do with hats at all. I keep trying to think what else could be "two extremes". I have poles, ends, hot/cold, north/south, east/west, ice/fire etc. etc. so I am taking a different direction to see if that makes a difference.
12 of 18  -   Report This Post

pianydd

9th April 2009, 19:19
May I clutch another straw? Could the house bit refer to the houses/households of both parties in Romeo and Juliet, as in when Mercutio says 'a plague on both your houses.'?
13 of 18  -   Report This Post

bees

9th April 2009, 19:27
You've broken the Forum now!
What's happened to the formatting?
Don't miss the answers that go off to the right.
14 of 18  -   Report This Post

pianydd

9th April 2009, 19:44
Mercutio;
'A plague on both your houses.'
PS
I don't think I broke it!
15 of 18  -   Report This Post

jimb

9th April 2009, 22:42
Campanilla

It is only since my wife found one in the
glove compartment in my car

16 of 18  -   Report This Post

laura

9th April 2009, 23:43
I don\'t know the puzzle and really have no idea but all my instincts are screaming \'sideboards\".
something about sides and extremes - (mortar)board being headgear or maybe treading the boards or even BAoRD for will
17 of 18  -   Report This Post

campanilla

10th April 2009, 00:39
JimB, you poor man and you've been wearing it ever since?
18 of 18  -   Report This Post