CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

jogamel

12th August 2023, 14:41
Wallowing today. Help please with B - Düssek composition featuring all except the second banks of violins (5)
F - chucks Cockney stuff over one side (6)
1 of 94  -   Report This Post

buddy

12th August 2023, 14:56
composition means anagram, save for 2nd letter

chuck as in toss, one side meaning right or left, in how a Cockney would pronounce a word meaning stuff (as in "my stuff", not stuff a turkey)
2 of 94  -   Report This Post

jogamel

12th August 2023, 15:23
Thank you buddy. Kicking myself about Dussek but still stuck with a word for stuff I can adapt….
3 of 94  -   Report This Post

buddy

12th August 2023, 15:28
Re Cockney, it's not the usual "drop the H at the beginning" that is so often used.
4 of 94  -   Report This Post

jogamel

12th August 2023, 16:20
Yes. Can’t think of a word at all. I’ll persevere. Thanks buddy.
5 of 94  -   Report This Post

drxx

12th August 2023, 16:29
'...aint wot they used to be'' (but, sadly, they are - Back on the bus!).
6 of 94  -   Report This Post

bobbycollins

12th August 2023, 16:29
A loose word for "belongings", jogamel.

Well, I've filled the numbered cells and cold solved over half of the rest. Struggling to understand the preamble and have no idea where to begin a grid-fill. Needs a sharper wit than mine!
7 of 94  -   Report This Post

jogamel

12th August 2023, 16:56
Just noticed I haven’t verified A- pens, formerly pens north of the Border. I have got STYES but not happy. Another HELP please
8 of 94  -   Report This Post

buddy

12th August 2023, 17:00
A material that (writing) pens used to be made from / a Scots word for pens (for animals)
9 of 94  -   Report This Post

buddy

12th August 2023, 17:03
bobbyc, it's worth persevering. If you have all the numbered cells then you know where each entry begins and ends. Gridfill takes some trial and error, but it works out. Getting the theme and therefore the contents of the shaded cells helps with some of the placements.

Having clicked through 8 recaptchas to give you that advice I think you are now legally obligated to carry on.

10 of 94  -   Report This Post