CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

ozzy

22nd July 2023, 19:13
Ridiculously long preamble and very fiddly grid fill but all now done except highlighting the four cells. If it's the name I have in mind, I can't see four cells in a thematic shape. If it's a name other than the boss's, I need a hint as to who it might be, please.
1 of 32  -   Report This Post

brendan

22nd July 2023, 19:15
Wow, well done on completing this Ozzy - is it as difficult as the preamble seems to suggest?
2 of 32  -   Report This Post

buddy

22nd July 2023, 19:20
I went for the boss's son. Brendan, it's quite accessible. Start with the acrosses and downs, and you'll get enough of a framework to start inserting the worlds. Once you deduce their shape things progress a little quicker.
3 of 32  -   Report This Post

brendan

22nd July 2023, 19:24
Thanks Buddy, I was initially heartened when I was able to solve a few of the across and down clues on first pass but then read that 12 of these are entered in reverse!
4 of 32  -   Report This Post

muraria

22nd July 2023, 19:33
I did likewise, buddy. This was a really good challenge with a lovely construction, so thanks to Arcadia.
5 of 32  -   Report This Post

cruciluci

23rd July 2023, 00:46
I've got a quick question about the southern shape.

Are the short clues allowed to be anagrams, rather than run in a row like the longer clues?

Because otherwise I don't see how to make real words in the spaces remaining?
6 of 32  -   Report This Post

buddy

23rd July 2023, 01:06
No anagrams. I suspect you may have a different "leader" as your answer; the answer is the surname of a real person.
7 of 32  -   Report This Post

ozzy

23rd July 2023, 07:38
Many thanks, Buddy for the hit at #3. I'd just got fixated and didn't spot the obvious alternative.
8 of 32  -   Report This Post

lumen

23rd July 2023, 09:55
I have the shape of the worlds and have entered the first and last ones, but not clear on the order of the other seven. Does anyone see a clear logic for the order of the ‘worlds’ clues?
9 of 32  -   Report This Post

quisling

23rd July 2023, 10:06
Lumen, the World clue order is the same as the entry method for their longer answers
10 of 32  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » IQ 1813