CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

malone

21st July 2023, 15:55
The clues...

Requests for help should normally include the clue itself, the number of letters in the answer, and details of any you already have. Any additional information or special instructions should also be included.
Hints only, please, no answers.

The theme...
Requests may be made here for help towards the theme. The term 'Gentle nudges' is hard to define, of course, but Forum members seem able to cope. The 'help' should be in the way of a nudge, a pointer in the right direction - something that could assist a would-be solver without spoiling the puzzle for others. Any query or reply that - even inadvertently - reveals too much of the theme is likely to be removed.

The Listener is a unique puzzle and should be treated with respect.
1 of 121  -   Report This Post

buddy

21st July 2023, 19:52
Very nice - an ace from Deuce!
2 of 121  -   Report This Post

drxx

21st July 2023, 22:04
Not for me, this has been done to death. The 'specified by letters' bit is novel, I suppose - but not nearly as novel, interesting and elaborate as the source material that's just thrown away. Couldn't we have a bit more of it one day, please?
3 of 121  -   Report This Post

jbird54

21st July 2023, 22:16
Well, as a first post to this forum, I thought this was a clever puzzle. As usual, I am a bit unsure of one or two parsings, but it all came together at the end.
4 of 121  -   Report This Post

nxe

21st July 2023, 23:19
Neat puzzle so far, but can't work out the highlighting with any certainty yet (barring a crazy thinking-outside-the-box possibility that's almost certainly not what's intended). Maybe all will become clear after some sleep. Thanks Deuce.
5 of 121  -   Report This Post

brendan

21st July 2023, 23:48
Is 16a in Chambers - or any any dictionary for that matter? I've got 4 of the 6 letters and nothing seems to fit:-(
6 of 121  -   Report This Post

brendan

21st July 2023, 23:53
Ahh, I think I see where I went wrong
7 of 121  -   Report This Post

jbird54

21st July 2023, 23:57
nxe - I too have 'crazy highlighting' where it might not be expected!
8 of 121  -   Report This Post

buzzb

21st July 2023, 23:58
Re 16a: Yes, it's a fairly common word
9 of 121  -   Report This Post

will37

22nd July 2023, 00:12
In highlighting terms, does "standard crossword directions" include diagonal as well as across and down - or indeed a combination of all three within one word?
10 of 121  -   Report This Post