CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

malone

14th July 2023, 15:46
The clues...
Requests for help should normally include the clue itself, the number of letters in the answer and details of any you already have. If there are special instructions or any additional information, these should be included.
Hints only, please, now answers.

The theme...
Help with the theme may be sought here. The 'help' should be a nudge or a pointer in the right direction, not anything too revealing, not anything that would spoil the puzzle for others. Anything that is felt to reveal too much is likely to be removed.

The Listener is a unique puzzle and should be treated with respect.
1 of 26  -   Report This Post

woodlouse

14th July 2023, 18:23
Bit of a giggle for a Friday evening.

Thanks Mr E
2 of 26  -   Report This Post

drxx

14th July 2023, 20:38
Yes, a weird one.
3 of 26  -   Report This Post

jack aubrey

14th July 2023, 21:29
Took me a while to get on the right wavelength for the gridfill. Nearly done on that but then came time to go out for dinner and, as I’m now on the other side of my share of a bottle of Nero d’Avola, further investigation needs to be suspended!
4 of 26  -   Report This Post

acornz

15th July 2023, 09:49
I thought this was going be another 'guess what I'm thinking' puzzle, but I was wrong; the ending is perfectly fair and quite witty. Nice one, Mr E.
5 of 26  -   Report This Post

gitto

15th July 2023, 11:05
I've got a full grid, the hint and the three word phrase. However, even knowing the extra words I am currently struggling to parse several clues - I won't say which as this will indicate where some of the extra words are. Remarkably for me, the hint rather gave away the endgame.
6 of 26  -   Report This Post

gitto

15th July 2023, 11:25
All parsing now resolved, but I don't particularly like the adjectival use of the cryptic reference in 17a.
7 of 26  -   Report This Post

jack aubrey

15th July 2023, 11:26
All now done. A neat twist, Mr E; gave me a smile when the penny dropped.
8 of 26  -   Report This Post

bobbycollins

15th July 2023, 12:59
Lovely. I thought that this was going to be a bugger, and came here last evening to gauge early reactions. When I saw that woodlouse had polished it off in no time I was kind of relieved after the travails of the past few weeks!
9 of 26  -   Report This Post

kindred2

16th July 2023, 06:59
The hint from the extra words was very helpful!!

Just stuck on understanding the first part of the wordplay in 22ac now, I think, to finish tidying up any loose ends.

A good puzzle.
10 of 26  -   Report This Post