CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

malone

7th July 2023, 15:21
The clues...
Requests for help should normally include the clue itself, the number of letters in the answer, and details of any you already have. Any special instructions or additional information should also be included.
Hints only, please, no answers.

The theme...
Help towards the theme may be sought here. The 'help' should be a nudge in the right direction, a word or two that might bring enlightenment - but not anything that could spoil the puzzle for other solvers. Any query or reply which, even inadvertently, reveals too much is likely to be removed.

The Listener is a unique puzzle and should be treated with respect.
1 of 145  -   Report This Post

drxx

7th July 2023, 22:36
I found the fill very tough - if I'd seen the endgame earlier it might have taken half the time, but the deeply mysterious preamble put paid to that.
I like the puzzle, but I've seen the theme too often by now (although not done this way).
2 of 145  -   Report This Post

bananabean

7th July 2023, 22:57
12ac has two unches. How can you tell which letter goes into which unch?
3 of 145  -   Report This Post

buddy

7th July 2023, 23:00
The endgame sorts out any ambiguities
4 of 145  -   Report This Post

drxx

7th July 2023, 23:01
That should help you towards the endgame, bananabean.
5 of 145  -   Report This Post

cockie

8th July 2023, 00:03
Is 12A in BRB?
6 of 145  -   Report This Post

drxx

8th July 2023, 00:34
Yes.
7 of 145  -   Report This Post

candledave

8th July 2023, 06:53
Found this tough but fair and a thoroughly enjoyable challenge.

Not sure I’ve seen this before where the wordplay clues the jumble and not that surprised as it’s pretty tricky to know how to place the answers and it can’t be that easy to clue either.

Thought it all came together brilliantly though with the endgame and a great construction.

Following on from Raven’s brilliant recent Magpie offering, I’m looking forward to what’s next.

Thanks Raven
8 of 145  -   Report This Post

specsaver

8th July 2023, 10:02
Well I am finding this tough - hope I am not the only one!
9 of 145  -   Report This Post

pootle

8th July 2023, 10:12
I’m making slow progress, but having to resort to aids far more than normal. As a slight aside from the puzzle itself, I often wonder how much others use aids to solving. Is it par for the course with the Listener? If anyone manages this one without aids they are some sort of genius!
10 of 145  -   Report This Post