CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

campanilla

7th April 2009, 20:10
You're welcome Gingerhendry. Everybody has to start somewhere but, unfortunately, there are a lot of clever people around who like to criticize others for asking for answers but what difference does it really make to help out when you consider that it is a charity quiz and the more people who send in their answers, the more money is collected. Get a life people, it's supposed to be fun!!!
8 of 16  -   Report This Post

jimb

7th April 2009, 22:20
Gingerhendry

I'm sure Campanilla won't mind if I add a little to his explanation of wooden spoon, the "wooden"
part of the answer comes from the reference to being inhibited.

I also agree with the sentiments regarding the sharing of knowledge and learning which will help us all to hone our skills and, in this case, may benefit the charity if there are more participants

JimB
9 of 16  -   Report This Post

campanilla

8th April 2009, 16:26
No problem, JimC, glad of the explanation. One small problem though..... It's "she" not "he"!!
10 of 16  -   Report This Post

jimc

8th April 2009, 16:59
Credit where credit's due - JimB gave the explanation, not me!

Best Wishes.
JimC
11 of 16  -   Report This Post

jimb

8th April 2009, 17:04

Sorry about that Campanilla. One small problem though, it's JimB not JimC, "touche" ??
12 of 16  -   Report This Post

campanilla

8th April 2009, 18:05
Very clever boys!! What a class double act...
13 of 16  -   Report This Post

campanilla

8th April 2009, 18:13
Now that I obviously have your undivided attention, can you tell me whether No. 60 refers to an actual television programme or not? If it does, and as I don't live in the U.K., I will probably never get it.
14 of 16  -   Report This Post

jimc

8th April 2009, 18:40
Hello Campanilla.

I looked up the clue on the Rainbow Charity Puzzle website and can assure you that No. 60 does not require special or specific knowledge of any country's TV schedules.

Best Wishes.
JimC

P.S. Roll on 31st May !
15 of 16  -   Report This Post

campanilla

8th April 2009, 21:57
That's great, many thanks. I was 95% sure that I had it right but then I started to remember that the Rainbow charity quiz nearly always has some clue to do with television......... Almost finished now which is a shame.

Thanks again.
16 of 16  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » Cryptic.