CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

sudokulover

6th April 2023, 08:46

itsme

6th April 2023, 09:55
Thank you.
2 of 12  -   Report This Post

cockie

6th April 2023, 23:01
If the required proverb is in ODQ it doesn't seem to be in the Proverbs section. I'm assuming that the latest edition of ODQ is the one referred to.
3 of 12  -   Report This Post

hypotheses

6th April 2023, 23:10
Not in my elderly ODQ either. Phew! Had to do it the hard way. Most enjoyable though.
4 of 12  -   Report This Post

buzzybee

7th April 2023, 02:29
Indeed, quite a struggle. Like others, I would guess, had to make a stab at the unclued solutions and then Google for combinations of them - and out it popped. Were these puzzles solvable before Google?
5 of 12  -   Report This Post

mattrom

7th April 2023, 03:17
An enjoyable puzzle. Getting two of the 'examples' helped with the Google search.
Should 5d have another capital letter in the clue?
6 of 12  -   Report This Post

buzzybee

7th April 2023, 04:26
Mattrom

Cannot see which word you mean - clue looks fine to me as is.

Just a further thought. Wonder if the compiler was motivated by the astronomic rise in misinformation on social media?
7 of 12  -   Report This Post

alwayspuzzled

7th April 2023, 06:23
The quote is included at the end of a full quotation in OQD. It is the only one for somebody with the initials CHS. I found this a great challenge.
8 of 12  -   Report This Post

cockie

7th April 2023, 09:10
Found it late last night by trying various possibilities. I was held up far too long by the 5,4 clue in the top line where I had only the first and last letters and was convinced it was *PRIL FOO*. Ages ago someone composed an AF puzzle where a number of the clues were meaningless, as this one appeared to be. Then it dawned on me that AF was last week. I wonder why the wise words don't appear under Proverbs as well.
9 of 12  -   Report This Post

hounds

8th April 2023, 10:57
Cockie - my eyebrow trembled at the definition of that clue!
10 of 12  -   Report This Post