CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

problem chimp

6th October 2010, 19:17
After extolling this site here recently, I've just been to the revamped site and told my password which I'm sure WAS correct isn't.

After requesting an email reminder to reset the password, I saw that there was an earlier email about the new new site and asking me to click through from THAT email. Clicking through from either email gives the same error, validation code not recognised.

So before I ring tomorrow, I'm wondering whether other members have had the same problem, bearing in mind, if you try, you may wish to click through from your original email rather than going to the site first.

Phew, hope that makes sense.
1 of 8  -   Report This Post

bonaparte shandy

6th October 2010, 22:09
Didn't have that particular problem, but you're not missing much as yet. Once logged in we found any number of quite troubling bugs and annoyances. The forums over there are steadily filling up with gripes, but let's concede that it's early days.
2 of 8  -   Report This Post

ajt

6th October 2010, 22:25
Hi ProblemChimp - I've subscribed to the Times Crossword Club for a couple of years now, and I've had the password problem a couple of times. There have been other problems too - being unable to access Mephisto several times, etc.

They do seem to be aware that they have problems, However, but they are taking a long time to eradicate them

AJT
3 of 8  -   Report This Post

ajt

6th October 2010, 22:41
Having said that, I turned to my email, and found a message from the Times Crossword Club inviting me to visit their new site. S0 - we shall see.
4 of 8  -   Report This Post

problem chimp

6th October 2010, 23:56
Thanks for your comments.

I too have had log-on problems before, which took severa emails and phone calls to sort out. I wonder if after the revamp they've reset my password to my original one, or some such.

I shall phone them tomorrow.

Thanks again.
5 of 8  -   Report This Post

problem chimp

7th October 2010, 13:07
A quick phone call solved it !

Hmmm... the new site will take some getting used to.
6 of 8  -   Report This Post

sudokulover

7th October 2010, 13:22
The same thing thing just happened to me and I know my password was correct because I only joined 2 weeks ago! Typical - they are now offering 20% reduction for new joiners!
7 of 8  -   Report This Post

problem chimp

7th October 2010, 13:25
I got through in seconds on 020 7711 1523, and they fixed it immediately.
8 of 8  -   Report This Post