CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

mrcodger

9th February 2023, 08:14
Hmm… with everything else done, including the theme word and two of the sets of three, the third trio remains in the dark… May other solvers have less trouble seeing the light(s)…
1 of 11  -   Report This Post

jadzia49

9th February 2023, 08:32
Took me a while.They are characters in a play.
2 of 11  -   Report This Post

drxx

9th February 2023, 10:43
Thanks jadzia49 - out of the thousands of possibilities for the 3rd set, I'd gone through maybe a dozen before I thought to look here (you've saved me a fruitless search - it's not a play I'm familiar with).
3 of 11  -   Report This Post

hounds

9th February 2023, 11:29
Drxx - I'm fairly certain that you will know the play...
4 of 11  -   Report This Post

drxx

9th February 2023, 11:57
Yes, I had no trouble finding the characters after jadzia's hint but I wouldn't have known all of them without it (the play's title is very well known, but I've not seen it performed).
5 of 11  -   Report This Post

drxx

9th February 2023, 12:08
Regarding the search - it's pretty much like looking for a needle in a haystack (unless you're familiar with the play before you start searching). And even if you google the correct characters (the shaded one + the shorter one) you'll get absolutely nowhere. There are so many other possible leads to consider too.
6 of 11  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

9th February 2023, 20:46
Lovely puzzle which I enjoyed.
I watched the play early 70s on Brownsea Island. The mosquitos bit everyone during the live evening performance and the island's local
peacocks walked on the stage, calling to each other, causing mayhem and laughter.
7 of 11  -   Report This Post

peter284

10th February 2023, 08:37
I'vd done pretty much everything, including most of the theme: the play's totle leaves me baffled even though I know lots about theatre and have seen plenty of plays. Any suggestion of, say, an author?
8 of 11  -   Report This Post

malone

10th February 2023, 08:39
Peter284, possibly the most famous (and long dead) author...
9 of 11  -   Report This Post

peter284

10th February 2023, 09:52
Thanks, well, I tink I have got it all - but profoundly unsatisfying
10 of 11  -   Report This Post