CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

md

5th April 2009, 22:37
I need some help please. Two clues.
1 For a starter easy opening clue was revised and left with obscure ending (7) Opening clue may refer to was "The craft of dressing" Answer Sauce boat
2 Cavity at the bottom of the sea where kippers can be found? (10)
Household items or furniture
1 of 5  -   Report This Post

jimc

6th April 2009, 00:07
Hi MD.

I'm not getting no. 1 but no. 2 could be BEDCHAMBER as 'kippers' (sleeping persons) might be found in 'bed'=bottom of sea, 'chamber'=cavity.

JimC
2 of 5  -   Report This Post

md

6th April 2009, 17:13
Yes JimC Thankyou for Bedchamber. It certainly fills the bill. Sorry to confuse you with my no 1 \"For a starter easy opening clue was revised and left with obscure ending\" (7) Thats it, but I had assumed that this clue here cross referred to the first opening clue in the quiz to which the answer which you would need to know was \"sauce boaat\": perhaps this was not the case. I have probably confused you. If so please ignore and thanks for the second answer.
3 of 5  -   Report This Post

john (from arran)

7th April 2009, 00:33
Easy opening is 'E' + 'CLUE' revised + 'L' for left + 'E' for obscure ending, all mixed up gives you 'ECUELLE' which is a French word for a bowl.

Indeed it is obscure.
4 of 5  -   Report This Post

md

7th April 2009, 11:38
John from Arran. Thanks very much for that. I dont think that i would ever haved worked thatout
5 of 5  -   Report This Post