CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

phuese

21st August 2008, 16:05
Win a steamer comp Clues Seeded 9 letters first one G & Unchain 9 letters 6 one C This reqd to find two Race horses Ta
1 of 8  -   Report This Post

jimc

21st August 2008, 23:22
Do the answers need to be names of race horses? If not, "germinate" and "disanchor" could be answers, but they're not very satisfying.
2 of 8  -   Report This Post

phuese

23rd August 2008, 16:43
Thanks 4 rply it did give me new diection but did not solve pzzl the name of the 1 horse it being got from the second clm of an across pzlall 9 lttrs long 1st clue Exactly the same I put identical giving D as the 1st lttr in horse name D 2nd clue seeded stating with a G 3rd clue Unchain 6th lttr C 4th Made up 4th lttr G 5th clue Building for hop drying I put Oasthouse Last clue High ranking police officer starting with an I I put inspectorThe second horse name appears in other clm & is just as mixed up Any thoughts Cheers
3 of 8  -   Report This Post

jimc

23rd August 2008, 22:59
Ok. Here's my latest thoughts ...

Answers to the 6 clues that you gave could be "identical", "seminated", "unhitched", "imaginary", "oasthouse", "inspector". This would give column 2 spelling "denman" (a famous horse). However, I cannot see the name of a second horse in any other column. Are both horse names 6 letters long and/or are there other clues for other rows across?
4 of 8  -   Report This Post

jimc

23rd August 2008, 23:09
Correction to my last post ...

"unshackle" is a much better answer than "unhitched".

I still can't see another horse name though ...
5 of 8  -   Report This Post

phuese

25th August 2008, 11:59
Thanks again The 2nd name is in clm 7 starting at row3 the other clues after polc offcr are Place side by side 3rd ltr x Sacked 4th ltr M Conman 1st ltr F 5th ltr D Fight back 3rd ltr T 9th ltr E Type of dictionary 1st ltr T Cheers
6 of 8  -   Report This Post

jimc

25th August 2008, 12:51
Not sure if you have completed it all now. Just in case, all I will say is "Kauto Star".
7 of 8  -   Report This Post

phuese

25th August 2008, 13:59
Many thanks JimC problem solved I cldnt hve dne it alone Cheers
8 of 8  -   Report This Post