CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

helen

30th September 2010, 11:17
AMAZONIAN NARK EATS KALE is an anagram of the surname of the composer and the names of the two principals in which 19th century opera? (The English title will do nicely!)

This anagram has been posted on numerous sites on the internet and nobody has come up with the answer yet! You do not have to give the answer but could someone confirm that it is possible to solve. The nearest I can get is the surname of the composer Smetana but cannot link any characters. Any clues would be helpful!
1 of 28  -   Report This Post

eric

30th September 2010, 11:58
You are right with Smetana - check the spelling of the principals' names.
2 of 28  -   Report This Post

helen

30th September 2010, 12:54
The nearest I can get is Smetanas Opera The Secret, e.g characters called Roza and Kalina but I am left with letters over!
3 of 28  -   Report This Post

eric

30th September 2010, 13:06
It wouldn't be right to spell it out, but there is a clue in my last post.
4 of 28  -   Report This Post

helen

30th September 2010, 13:25
Sorry, I still don't understand. I've looked again and still can't find it. I take it the answer is definately Smetana?
5 of 28  -   Report This Post

eric

30th September 2010, 13:38
Helen - the setter will accept the anglicised title of the opera. He doesn't say that about the principals' names. So, czech the spelling of their names.
PS You have the right composer but the wrong opera.
6 of 28  -   Report This Post

helen

30th September 2010, 14:22
Surely an anagram can never be this hard to solve? I am guessing it must be Smetana's best known opera The Bartered Bride but still don't understand!
7 of 28  -   Report This Post

jimbo

30th September 2010, 14:35
Helen - Think hush-hush
8 of 28  -   Report This Post

eric

30th September 2010, 14:39
Helen - any more info would be giving the answer.
I don't understand Jimbo's post.
9 of 28  -   Report This Post

helen

30th September 2010, 15:26
Hush Hush The Secret? Care to put me out of misery, this is driving me nuts!
10 of 28  -   Report This Post