CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

val

28th September 2010, 17:27
Returning strikebreakers (scabs - sbacs?) know editor stiffened a long time ago - I have got the answers to lots of clues but can't begin to fit them in so thought if I could get this one which forms the central column I might have a hope......
1 of 9  -   Report This Post

anniec

28th September 2010, 18:52
Hello Val - I spent a long time too trying to fit scabs into te answer - in the end I went wiht rats - later confirmed by Tony who is a much more reloiabe source than me! There is a short EV thread about two pages back if you are interested

PS fitting in the 3 letter words is a good start
2 of 9  -   Report This Post

tony

28th September 2010, 18:53
Starkened - RATS ( strike-breakers) KEN (knew)
ED (eitor)
3 of 9  -   Report This Post

jon

28th September 2010, 19:16
need help with - in equal quantities fish and cat shortened dropsy - and , ultimately write-off base with hardly any stairs , please !
4 of 9  -   Report This Post

val

28th September 2010, 19:29
Many thanks to all who helped with strikebreakers - in spite of always telling myself not to stick with something which obviously won't work I was determined it must be scabs.......
5 of 9  -   Report This Post

teenieleek

28th September 2010, 19:38
Jon, Anasarca (type of oedema) and few (last letters) stairs is the "extra" word.
6 of 9  -   Report This Post

teenieleek

28th September 2010, 19:42
I have completed the grid but am having trouble seeing the vertical bit to be highlighted - can't get it to 23 cells. Any ideas?
7 of 9  -   Report This Post

jon

28th September 2010, 19:45
thanks teenieleek !
8 of 9  -   Report This Post

teenieleek

28th September 2010, 20:28
Got it, with a little help from the wise ones over on answerbank. Very neat!
9 of 9  -   Report This Post